I was getting gas this morning, I put in my card, I took off my gas cap, choose the gas of my choice and put the thingy in my thingy. I get back in my car because it is cold. I know, I just bragged about our weather, but it was 44 degrees and all I had on was a tank top and sweater over it, well jeans of course... don't get smart. One of my favorite new songs comes on and I sit in the warm car singing "looking at you thru the glass" and I look at the pump and it has stopped on $2... what? I go out there start to pump again and put it on the little kick stand and it goes off. I say "are you serious?" I try it again, and again, and again and I said a few other choice words to let the gas pump know I was unhappy with his choice this morning and I stood there and pumped my gas. I had to stand there improperly dressed in 44 degree weather holding the pump, pumping. My hands felt arthritic and I was pissed b/c I wanted to continue singing my song. Sigh....
But I know you are all feeling incredibly sorry for my unfair life, but no worries a lady in line in front of me at Starbucks left her measly $0.60 left on her gift card for the next person in line. I say measly with an eye roll, b/c I am the lady who got made fun of by the way for using my $0.18 gift card. And yes they did laugh, she showed the other guy my receipt with the $0.18 and they giggled. Do I care? Nope! So of course $.60 off a ridiculously priced coffee did make my day, THEN I got the long receipt. I don't know about you all, but I am that person who actually calls and does that survey in hopes for that $1000. It has never happened yet, but you never know.
So after a kick the gas pump morning, Starbucks surely brightened my day.
MIL's last day is today, she told Andrew and I to go out tonight and even stay in a hotel, you should have seen Andrew's eyes light up. Unfortunately, remember all that bragging about AZ in the winter? Well hotel people know that and you can't get a decent place for under $200 for a night. So we will just go to a nice dinner and home tonight. Bummer that would have been fun. Don't know if I will see Andrew's eyes light up like that again. He looked like a puppy with some bacon wagged in front of his face.
Oh don't worry about him, he gets to go to Disney Princesses' on Ice on Sunday. What a lucky guy. That totally beats hot vacation sex any day.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Your husband is a brave man! :-) Mine took our girls to the My Little Pony show and you would have thought he'd given up a kidney!
Yes, I grew up in Louisville. I spent the first 18 years of my life there. Lynn's Paradise Cafe is such a fun place to eat. We used to go there all the time in high school for brunch after tennis meets. Louisville's downtown area has really blossomed in the years since I moved away. I went back for a friend's wedding and was floored by all the action down there! You really should give it another chance. The food is particularly good - my favorite "Southern" restaurant is a place called Pat's that has some of the best seafood and steaks ever, a huge bar/wine list, and is one of the few places you can go (unless you plan on spending A LOT) where the waiters are all wearing traditional jackets and the atmosphere is just good old fashioned proper Southern. Let me know if you ever go back. I can give you a restaurant list about two pages long!
So, you won't laugh about my spending 5 minutes to get two dollars of gas in my car because the gas wouldn't go in the tank more than about 10 cents at a time.
Oh, did I mention it was 10 degrees outside and my ski gloves were too big to use while holding the handle.
Post a Comment