So another years over, a new one just begun. Those are my words. I made them up.
I was going to come here and complain about the end of 2007 and the beginning of 2008. But I decided I didn't want to. I have been a sleepless crabby ass for a few days and I don't feel that is a good idea to just spew that negativity all over everyone else. So here is what I will do.
I would like to give a proper adios to 2007 and welcome 2008. No expectations. No big plans to change anything. Just goodbye and hello.
2007:
I will gladly say it was a great year. It really truly was.
We got to spend a lot of time up north in Greer, which is the most beautiful spot on earth if you ask me.
I got to have an amazing weekend with my husband while my parents took our kids for us. We spent an evening eating a fabulous overpriced meal and spent the rest of the evening at a stellar resort.
I got a girls weekend at a resort this summer as well. I got to completely act my age, ok maybe a little younger. I got to drink til I was sick. I got a massage. I got to lay out at the pool. And most importantly, I got to drunk dial with my best friends! That weekend will surely go down in history.
Lily had the best year of her 5 years. Her seizures have been the most controlled. We were able to wean her off a med she was on for almost 3 years! She has begun to take steps. She is more vocal. And at only one med she is feeling her world more than ever. Little things upset her as they should. She loves kisses and they make her laugh, as they should. She even likes her sister sometimes. As sometimes she should. She has made me so proud in 2007 and I know we may not always have years like this past one, but I will always be thankful for it.
Andi has been sometimes great this year! She turned two in March and we got to enjoy all that 2 brings. And although at times she can be the most trying person that I have ever had to deal with. I also think she is the most hilarious one as well. She says things that I can't believe is coming out of a two year old mouth. And I am not talking about the word dammit. I can't believe that comes out of a two year old mouth as well, but I digress she says phrases that make me think she is far beyond her years. She has intense compassion and amazing manners. I am so glad she is Lily's sister and vice versa. I think they will learn so much from each other, I look forward to watching their relationship grow.
Andrew and I have had a great year as well. New Years Eve marked our 7th anniversary. 7 years ago he walked up to me on the dance floor at a club and my world changed. Now with us both being so young, and with my ahem baggage, we've had a lot to learn. A lot of growing. A lot of changing. Now it is 7 years now. I have heard of that "7 year itch" and although my neck was a little itchy this past weekend, I see us growing stronger and more in tune with each other as we hit our 7th wedding anniversary in 2008.
Although we did suffer some losses, like my church and our store, we survived. Every Sunday I still miss my old church. I miss my old friends and I really missed not being in the Christmas program I get to show off my acting chops every year for. But we found a new place and it's ok. It is actually really nice. Not the same, but it wouldn't be right if it was. The store, ehhh... it wasn't my passion. I wish it would have worked out. I feel sorry my dad lost so much money in it. But having my Saturdays back is a blessing.
Oh and 2007 brough us Fiona! Who so far although she is as wild as a puppy can get, she is also the sweetest little thing to have ever slept on my neck.
Oh and a UTI on the last day of 2007. Thanks.
2008:
You will bring us:
Andrew's 26th birthday. It almost seems he is catching up with me.
Andi's 3rd birthday. Is it ok for me to count down the days?
Andrew and my 7th anniversary. And they said it wouldn't last. (no really they did say that)
Lily's 6th birthday. That makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth.
And my 30th birthday. You all know how I feel about that.
Health wise, I have no idea what will happen.
Lily wise, no clue.
Andi, not an ounce of suspicion, well maybe an ounce.
Andrew and myself... I can only hope for the best.
2008 could bring us another year of joy, it could also be a year of pain. Whatever it brings us, I pray my family will only grow more and more secure, and our faith will be strong.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Kim do not count the days till her 3rd birthday!!!! Three is much worse than 2!!!! lol From then on though it does get way better.
I can't believe Lilly (and Jason obviously) is turning 6. that can't be.
Post a Comment