Thursday, January 10, 2008

Starbucks

So I frequent two St*rbucks, one by my home and one by work. One by work is a walk in and one by my house is a drive thru.
I am always surprised by the amount of men hanging out at the St*rbucks by work. I think it is cute, but laughable when I think about the men in my life sitting around at St*rbucks. I was raised by a blue collar father, married one as well as all the women in our family. There is nothing they can't fix and I don't think I could ever be married to a man who takes his laptop to St*rbucks. Believe me, I think nothing is wrong with that scenario, I just don't see my man doing that. I like my man being the one who can take apart that espresso machine and putting it back together... grrrrr makes me all hot thinking about it.
But back to my story, sorry, the drive thru by my house that serves all the minivans in my neighborhood almost sickens me with their sappy voices and over kindness, I mean they are great, but a little too sweet. They are over compensating like the one time I ordered Andi a hot chocolate and she is screaming she wants it cold and when we pull up to the counter they had a chocolate milk for her. He said he heard her and made it cold. That was awesome, but my point is this morning after a super cheesy greeting from J, I order and he is all grins and giggles. I pull up and while I am paying I hear J say "God people, GO HOME!" and I couldn't help but smile. That is more like it J. Be real, who cares if it is against your work handbook. Be real. Tell us aholes to go home and let you work in peace... oh wait, you wouldn't be working if we weren't here. Pick a different St*rbucks, this one will be filled with minivans from sunrise to sunset, every day of this year. We need our caffeine!
Last Grey's tonight before a very long dry spell... :( I was not affected by the baseball strike, I was not affected by the basketball strike, but my friends I am deeply affected by this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greys and Starbucks ;) Good combo.