Wednesday, January 30, 2008

See Ya!

I just walked past a couple hundred W2's in the mail out box and gladly said "See ya! Wouldn't want to be ya!" I hate January. I have several calls a day with people salivating over those things. I know for some it is a paycheck, I get that, but please I will get it to you. It is against the law for me not to. Ok. Patience. Please.

So last night watching American Idol, there was this cute Iowa boy with a good voice, but huge nerves kept him from getting the song right. Finally he gets thru and they said he could go to Hollywood, but Randy questioned his stage presence and I blurted out, "please girls will love him", Andrew looks at me, "I mean, I think they would." Andrew still looking "I mean, well I certainly don't, maybe some will...." Guess you had to be there. Andrew is the least jealous guy on the planet, he just pretends to be to humor me, so it was all an act... oh man, I totally ruined that story....

One more thing. Our work is VERY casual. Like I have sweats on today. Granted, they are expensive, but sweats none the less with a pair of Uggs. I am sitting at my desk "working" and in comes Miss long pretty hair, cute business suit, pumps, lady in a meeting with my dad and his partner (not life, business). I feel under dressed and very young, although she is my age I am sure. Anyway, I just get a text from my aunt and coworker (were country ya'll) "is she as hot as she sounds?" I text back, "you're freaking me out with your choice of words, but her hair is pretty and her outfit is cute." Then I think to myself, what the hell is going on here? Has working in the construction field off and on for 13 years turned me into a man????????? YUCK!

No comments: