Tuesday, January 08, 2008

7 years in 7 minutes

No I didn't time this, but it sounds good. Kinda like 7 minute abs, not seven, six. Any movie quoter's out there?????
So I just wanted to give a quick rundown of Andrew and my relationship so you will understand why we are in dire need to get on a plane.
We met 7 years ago (New Years Eve) we danced, we kissed and practically moved in with each other all in one night. We fell madly crazy in love in a matter of minutes and I know it makes no sense, I can't explain it. I never expected it, nor did I believe in that. In March I had a modeling shoot in Yuma and so we decided to just continue our weekend and go to San Diego. We celebrated our vacation by getting tattoos. That was still one of my favorite vacations. Later in March I got in a car and left everything behind and moved to South Dakota with him. Only someone madly in love would do such a thing. In that time I had my salary cut in half, I was trying to pay for my super sweet Cabrio and all my CC bills I totalled up, while working as a cash rap manager at B*rnes and N*ble. I got more in more in debt there and by June I needed to be back where the sun shined. We moved back to AZ and Andrew proposed. My family already had a vacation planned to Puerto Vallarto, Mexico in August when we thought, let's just get married there. While in S. Dakota we did take a trip to Mt. Rushmore and we got to spent some time in Minneapolis, which was crazy fun! I got a few modeling gigs there and said if it weren't so damn cold, I would live there. Minneapolis is a great city! Then back in AZ, we started working. Then we got married in Mexico in August and by December I was pregnant with Lily. We had one year of fun, travel, dinner, movies before we were as tied down as you get. Actually we were married and "with child" in less than a year of knowing each other. I know everything divorces are made of. But we continued, we thrived and went along. We were trying to save up for our own home so my pregnancy was spent at my sisters and my moms.
Our last month pregnant we moved into a tiny fixer upper in a bad part of Mesa, AZ. It was the cutest house with a huge lot filled with grass and trees. Too bad our neighbors had roosters and chickens, Hailey showed them though. She tore those chicken up! Time for a coop, locos!
Anyway, our 1 year wedding anniversary was spent with a 9 month pregnant me and Andrew dancing around our little house to Van Morrison. Then there was Lily. Awww our precious baby girl. Time stopped, we aged. Life changed. There were no vacations. You don't leave a seizing baby. You don't want to leave a seizing baby. Things changed a lot after Lily. Fortunately for us, we grew together, not apart. But a lot of fun time was over. Thank God for my mom. She helped a lot. We did get to go out to dinner, see a few movies and once we even went to Vegas for a quick weekend with friends. But as far as vacations that involved just Andrew and myself, well those seemed to be long gone. Then came Andi. And you parents know how that goes.
All this is leading up to say that come the end of May, Andrew and I (just us) are going to NYC! My favorite place on this planet! He has never been and I cannot wait to show him everything! I am just over the moon over this trip. When I tell others they say, just you and Andrew? I say yes and they say, won't you be bored? No I actually like him. Most of the time anyway and without kids and worrying about household stuff, it will be absolutely fabulous! I am counting the days!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like so much fun Kim! You both deserve a trip alone. I went to New York this summer with hubby and no kids. So much fun! You can't do kids in NYC with all the taxis etc.! Have a fun time!

Kelly said...

YOu are an amazin couple - have fun! I'm like that with Brett - yes, I acutally like him! ;)

Anonymous said...

Found you via Top momma- what an interesting life you've led thus far. Have fun on your trip and good luck with your topMomma run!

Anonymous said...

Kim you and Andrew are so lucky to have each other. I just went to NYC for the first time since in November (with 3 girlfriends for 3days/2 nights) I would love to go there with my DH too! I love reading your blog and look forward to hearing/seeing more of you and your family in 2008!!! Good luck on your Topmomma run!!!