Get this, I am sitting at my house in total quiet. Andrew took MIL to the airport. Andi is napping and Lily went for a walk with her nurse. What do I do with my time? Blog!
So last night was lovely. A nice expensive dinner that, although it kills me to spend as much on dinner as I could a pair of designer jeans, it was very nice. In the famous words of my dad after an expensive dinner, "enjoy your sh!t tomorrow!"
We had a great time! What a wonderful way to spend an evening with your husband. No kids, wonderful food, lots of wine, being served, no dishes.
We talked the whole night from everything to everything. At one point while our waitress was bringing something, or taking something away she must have heard us discuss how fast the years have flown by, this August we will celebrate 7 years of marriage. Obviously she didn't hear the whole AUGUST thing, because she bought us out souffle with a candle in it. She said "happy anniversary, the souffle is on the house". We just muttered our embarrassed thanks and looked at each other. We live by a pretty high moral/ethic code meaning you really shouldn't take anything that is not ours. You don't lie and you probably shouldn't say thank you and eat a gift not really deserving of ourselves, but screw it! Happy Anniversary! We were given a card to fill out and they send coupons for birthdays and anniversary's so I guess from now on Jan. 25th will be our anniversary dinner at Flemming's. LOL we found this highly amusing. Especially after a couple glasses of wine.
I wanted to add one more thing, at dinner Andrew says "I know this sounds so gay, but I kind of can't wait to go to Disney on Ice". Having my feelers out, trying to see if he is serious or kidding I ask "why" and he says "I can't wait to see Andi's face when the princesses' come out and Lily's face when she sees the lights and hears the music". My heart melted. Did I really meet him at a nightclub when he was 18 years old? Can that really happen? I'm a lucky girl.
Oh don't you dare tell him I told that story, he has an image to live up to you know, he does have his entire arm sleeved (tattoo speaking), he is a tough guy.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ok... that is really funny about the anniversary! I totally would have enjoyed that dessert, especially from Flemings. That is cute that Andrew is excited about Princess on ice. My husband had the worst attitude until we got there. Then he said, "I'm really excited, I would do this every time as long as you get front row again." We had a great time and you guys will too! The girls will LOVE it! It was so nice to see you today. Thanks for coming!
Post a Comment