Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What did you say Dr?

So in true fashion to this lovely study Lily is on, we are at the Neuro's office weekly. The past two weeks were pretty quick in and out apt.'s, but yesterday was another long one.
Monday night she sat on the potty for 2 hours, yes two hours, from 6-8pm and we finally got the pee. She had to fast for blood work this time around and was a little crabby and we had to see the neuro this apt.
So we are finally in the room with the study nurse, the neuro, Lily and Andi. It is 2 pm, Lily is hungry, Andi is tired. Lily is in her chair just tooting like I have never heard before. Just farting away, over and over and over. Neuro is trying to explain to me Lily's most recent EEG that I was having questions about and I am turning red with all of Lily's gas. Andi then asks me in the middle of my discussion to blow my nose in a tissue. I quietly do as I continue my discussion with the neuro. He is explaining to me about the lines in the EEG what is normal what is not and Andi screams BLOW YOUR NOSE! I politely told her to step away and pretended to blow one more time. I continue to talk while Lily is still farting. Seriously I have never heard a human fart that much. Andi is still unsatisfied with my nose blowing abilities and at the top of her lungs screams BLOW YOUR NOSE LIKE THIS and she blows her nose loud and hard. I tell her to step away NOW or we will have serious issues. She is pouting, Lily is farting and Neuro is still talking.
I somehow still managed to somewhat follow what he said, something about waves and flats and Lily has lots of seizures and her EEG is abnormal. He left and I could swear I saw his head spinning. I also think he muttered in his polite (and sexy) British accent.... I'm never having any bloody children.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LMAO! Thanks for the best laugh in days!

Tiffany said...

ok... that was the funniest thing ever! I am laughing so hard!