Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break? For Who?

So with this whole Spring "Break" I am wondering who gets one? Lily is on a modified year round schedule meaning 9 weeks on 2 weeks off. Then 6 weeks off for summer.
Granted yes, not having to find help the entire summer is wonderful, but these breaks are tough.
Don't mind me, usually breaks aren't that bad, but Andi has been sick, sick, sick. And due to the break I scheduled all Lily's appointments while she was on break, so we are just over loaded.
I don't know how I would have managed with out MIL here for a long weekend so I am grateful that Andi has been able to stay home and rest while Lily and I have been running. Today Lily's nurse will be here for 8 hours and I will finally go to work. But Andi, although on the mend still has a 100 degree fever and I can't send her to daycare. Ped will want a chest x-ray since she has had a fever almost a week now, but I know she is getting better and does not have pneumonia.
I have to take her to work with me. Sigh. Work with Andi is a oxy-moron.
Yesterday Lily and I were at the hospital for over 6 hours for this damn study. She had to fast and have her blood drawn and an ECG at 10:30am. It was ten to 11am by the time that was done. Then [insert background] MOM! I JUST THREWED UP AGAIN, clean that up, back to finish my story... where was I, oh yeah..... after that first blood draw and ECG we had an hour to kill. It was beautiful and Lily was starving [insert background] MOM! I NEED YOUR HELP! I NEED YOU TO COME HERE. Ok where was I..... oh yeah we are outside and I am feeding Lily some applesauce and a banana while giving her her morning meds I was not allowed to give her until after that 1st blood draw. That hour goes fairly quick and we are back up there for more blood and another ECG. Can I just say I have the most awesome, patient little girl on the planet. Lily is just reason alone to live, she is my hero. Hungry, poked and with stickies all over here, she just chilled, whined a little, but she too appreciated the 70 degree sunshine. After the 2nd blood draw and ECG we were sent on our way for a 2 hour break and we went to the dreaded cafeteria. Have you pushed a wheelchair, stroller, whatever in a crowded, small cafeteria while trying to manage a tray, trying not to go over $4 which is all the cash you have on you? Not easy right? I got away with a soup, salad and tea. $5! Take debit? Yes. Thank God. Sigh. I brought Lily's lunch, FYI. She was not ignored. We ate, I was cool. Not all bummed like last time. I was a little stressed because Andrew called to say Andi was lethargic and had a 103 fever. I thought we'd end up in the hospital with her after I left this one with Lily [insert back ground] MOM! I NEED YOUR HELP, cough, cough, cough MOM!
Ok... eating in the crowded cafeteria. After my huge lunch [insert eye roll] we go outside and try to relax. In walks two little girls, I'd say maybe 6 and 7, maybe 8. And the younger one was staring. Hard. At Lily. Not looking politely which happens all the time and I expect it. This girl almost tripped while walking and staring. Totally rude. Just sickening. I looked at her first and gave her a fake smile, trying to get her to look away. But she persisted. I ignored her and she finally sat down with her family who thought staring is appropriate.
OMG I have been trying to write this for over an hour and Andi is just totally bugging. She is screaming. Sigh. Now she is on my lap. This is why I blog at work and at nap time.
Ok so annoying girl is eating lunch with her family and then proceeds to FEED PIGEONS! I am like a few feet away from them and what happens when you feed a pigeon or two? Oh about a thousand come down asking for some food to. Have I ever mentioned my dislike for pigeons, peacocks, pelicans, hell anything with wings that flies. It is a strange fear that take over my whole body. I am sitting there acting like it is cool, STARING hard at the nasty flying rats to see which way they are coming. She feeds them so more, dad says no and she throws more chips down. Then some one steps hard and they fly up, right over my head. In a crowd of strangers I scream, my heart is pounding and duck. Ok smile, laugh it off. I'm cool. Then she throws more damn chips down and they all come back. I am pissed by then and get up and fast and loud, give that little girl a look that will haunt her dreams every night and I pushed Lily away.
We go out front and chill for an hour and wait. She gets her blood drawn and one more ECG. We finally get home. Andi is the best I had seen her all week and I breathe a sigh of relief.
Then I watch a wasted two hours of American Idol. What is wrong with those people? Then off to bed.
Sigh. Sorry this sucked so much.
I pray my next post will be from a quiet place. Padded walls would be acceptable.

2 comments:

Me said...

ROTFL... I share your disdain for flying rats. I'm DREADING the beach next month because people always think it's cute to feed the seagulls and they are mean motherfockers! They are so darn BOLD!!!! Will march or fly right up to you and STEAL FOOD FROM YOUR HAND!!! I swear, I'm going to lose a finger or have my eye poked out because they are so mean mean mean.



They scare me.

Tiffany said...

Don't you just love the parents that think it's ok for their children to stare like or kids are not human beings? It drives me NUTS! I am sooo rude right back at them! I feel your pain Kim!
Poor Andi! That is such a bummer. It is going around right now. I'm so glad that Lily hasn't gotten it though.
You know I am always up for visitors. My phone broke while I was in the hospital and Jason went and bought me a new phone and a new carrier. Therefore, I didn't have your number to text you to tell you or anyone else I had my baby. The last text was that I got an epidural. I am going to have them transfer all my numbers tomorrow to my new cell. It was the most annoying thing ever cuz my phone wouldn't even turn on to get the numbers! Anyways... call me and we can get together! I know you are crazy busy right now!