Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What a weekend

By the way Tues. are my Monday's. Not that Monday's are a day off, but I don't work, well let me rephrase, I don't get paid for the work I do on Monday's. Lily has three therapies all out of the home so I put on my white t-shirt and baseball cap and drive around like the John Mellencamp video....well I wish I looked like that while driving around.
Anyway, what a busy weekend! I had another game night at a friends house and we played Scene It (ahem... I rule) and Catch Phrase. We laughed so hard, and get this I was there 7pm-12am laughing and not one drink... well I had some Dr. Pepper and water. That is a good time when you laugh that hard and not even be tipsy! It was with the moms and some teachers from Lily old (sniff sniff) preschool. It was a blast. One mom said during Catch Phrase "Where Custer had his last stand!" so I yell along with another "South Dakota!" and she said "well maybe I am wrong" the answer was The Alamo. Then someone says "he was a bad guy in Germany" and I yelled "Napoleon!" After realizing my mistake I said "At least I know my US History!"
Oh and one more funny, Tif (should I keep you nameless?) was trying to describe Jungle and she was talking about monkey's and stuff and after we weren't catching on she said "sounds like ungle." It was hilarious, you had to have been there. Oh and Jean, how did you get pancakes come from potato's! LOL So much fun!
Although I did pay for it when I had to be up with the kids before 7am (which I was lucky, it could have been 6am)and to work by 10:30am. Let me tell you, here is a brilliant business idea! Sell everything at half of your costs and you will be one busy mother..... I hope you can catch the sarcasm. Sad news, Closet a la Mode is closing their doors. We are selling everything at 75% off and now, NOW we are finally busy and making money. Well I don't mean making money, we are able to pay some bills. It was INSANE on Saturday. I mean, I understand, I love a good deal too, but it is sad to see these beautiful clothes for next to nothing (when we paid so much for them!). We were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I am sad to see it go, but glad to get my Saturdays back.
Sunday was a little more relaxing. Just church, lunch and naps. My sister is on a soccer league so we watched her Sunday night. Weird thing, I was wearing one of my favorite shirts it is a Rebel Yell brand sports type shirt and the number 04 is on it. Well I show up and see my sisters jersey is 4. Weird!
Monday was the same as every Monday and not worth the time to write.
I do however need to give kuddos to my hubby who watched the girls Friday night and all day Saturday without complaint. He even told me how cute the girls were on Saturday. And last night we spent the evening in the kitchen together after grocery shopping. It was a nice change, he usually doesn't help in the kitchen and we had a lot of fun. I told him we needed to do that more often.
Oh and good news, I am on the pill. I am so happy with my decision to not have anymore kids for now. Again, I can always change my mind. But now I am thinking, we can plan a vacation. I might let Andrew get that boat he wants next year. I feel a kind of freedom. I did really want another baby, but I kept thinking oh God, another pregnancy, breast feeding, no going out to dinner, we are just now able to take Andi. It would be another long two years and now it doesn't have to be. I am excited to enjoy my family as we are. I love my family. I am so lucky to have my two girls and I won't take that for granted. Hindsight I am not that sure I wanted another baby so much as I missed my girls as babies. I look back at pictures and say "ahhh" but another one wouldn't be a baby very long.... ok rambling over with.

No comments: