Friday, September 28, 2007

10 years!

It's here folks. My first true step into realization that I am not a teenager anymore.
It is this weekend. My 10 year HS reunion.
Would you believe as I fretted over an outfit at Nordstrom today I was asked while buying very expensive shoes by the way, someone trying to get some commission should never ask this. "So what is this your 10 or 20 year reunion?"!?!?!?!??!?!???!?!?!??! WTF?!?!?!? 20 year? No offense to those of you in your upper 30's, but remember back to your late 20's, would you have liked that question? The word 10 came out rather shrieking, and I didn't even see any remorse in his face for that question. Sigh. Well it was Scottsdale, where the cougars flow like wine and they probably look younger at their 20 year than their 10.
Tonight is family night a tailgate in the HS parking lot before the Homecoming game. It is in 3 hours and I am about sick to my stomach. It will be fun to see people I like, not the ones I don't. It will be fun for the kids, there will be a jumpy thing and my friends are all going with their kids. But still, I am getting that feeling. That feeling that turns my stomach in knots and flips like a pancake. Ugh.
Tomorrow night is just us girls going to the $100 a plate CASUAL dinner. Casual? $100 a plate. Momma ain't dressing casual for a $100 a plate. We at least can drink tomorrow night. Tonight will be pure conversation without the help of a glass of wine. Kill me. At least my girls are gorgeous and they are always great conversation starter, or finisher, I can choose.
Pray no ex husband. Ugh..... That would be one word... awkward!
Andrew this is ex, ex this is Andrew. AKWARD!
I will post next week with pictures!

2 comments:

Nap Queen said...

Oh, I would have clawed that Nordstrom guy's eyes out! Hope it went well!

Kelly said...

10 years... 10 years! HA! Now I feel old as my 20 year is next year!

I hope it went well!