So in the temple of Kim, all is well, I guess. I have a follow up appointment to go over my blood work next week, but she sees nothing wrong with me and I am feeling quite hypocondriatic (is that a word, I know spell check doesn't like it). She said if the dizziness does not go away I will need to see a neurologist. I do not need to see a neurologist. I am sure I will be fine.
I forgot to talk about the field trip I went on last week. It was really fun! Really, it was. I went to Lily bugs school on Friday and we walked over to another child's home. We made muffins and Lily's teacher was adamant that every child helped. They had to match each picture with the picture on the talker, for example they had to match the picture of flour with the picture of flour on the talker and help hand over hand with measuring and pouring it in the bowl. It took a long time and the eggs were a bit messy, but it was really fun getting to know all the other kids. It was fun helping Lily bake. She seemed to enjoy it, she especially enjoyed Ms. Amy popping her chocolate chips! This is Lily.... "Oh I can't chew that piece of broccoli Mom, gag, gag".... "oh well this chocolate chip is much easier to chew Mom". Well Lily doesn't really talk, but I know her. She is a drama queen... where that comes from, I do not know. And that is what is going on in her mind.
Anyway, after we made our yummy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins we sat and played with the dogs while the teachers cleaned the kitchen. Then once the place was nice and clean we walked to the park and had a picnic. It was really nice, the weather was nice until the walk back it started getting warm. Lily cried the whole way back and I think she was hot and wanted out of her chair. Right when we got back she got to lie down on the bean bag chair and she was happier than a clam. It really was a fun time.
The kids in her class are all so sweet. And so dang cute! I just loved getting to know them all better. One poor guy was having seizure after seizure and it just broke my heart. He was having ones just like Lily used to and I caught myself getting choked up b/c I know what the stress of those is like on the parents and it is so hard! Not to mention hard on him! It is just so frustrating and unfair. I really hate seizures. I hate them! It wasn't my child, but I hurt for him. He wanted to be a part of the baking and he couldn't. He was too tired. I was so impressed with the teachers aides. I am so glad I got to see how they handle those situations b/c we could have years like that again. We can't take a seizure free day for granted. They treated him with true love and compassion. I could feel their hearts sad for him and they were there for him. I was so relieved to know, if God forbid that is how some days will be for Lily, she is safe and will be comforted.
What amazing hearts these people have. What a job they do. I wanted to stay and work with them. Maybe one day when Andrew makes enough, I can do something like that. Be an aide. Make a difference in these kids lives. They might not think of it that way, but that is what they are doing.
I am so thankful we are in the school we are in. I pray things stay like this for the entire stay at this school. Which will be many years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I read Lily's update yesterday about the muffins - how freaking cute was that? I only wish Jenelle would eat Chocolate Chips! She is such a doll!
What a cute field trip!! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins are the best! Did you take pictures?
Post a Comment