Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ok I am here now and alive....

So hey there friends. I am finally back to the ol normal self. I am sure you were all missing me so much. I know.
I gotta say, nothing like a quick swift kick of a soccer ball to your nose to get you back into the game of life.
We went to Greer this past Labor Day weekend. My parents other house was being rented out so we had about 18 people in one house. It was my parents, my family, my sister and her family, my aunt and hers. It was fun, busy, crazy, but a lot of fun!
Since I saw them all outside playing a little soccer pass it around game, I thought I needed to join. I have never played, nor liked soccer. I played at recess in 5th grade once and after getting hit in the nose with the ball I decided soccer would never be my thing. Well what 20 years later, I decided the same damn thing. We decided, not I decided, to play girls against boys. These are all kids who have been in training since the ripe age of 3! Well I played maybe 5 minutes, got hit hard in the nose, walked off the field and waited to see one of everything again and quit.
We had a good time there, the weather was about 40 degrees less than the valley. My sister aka Martha Stewart made the best food. My mom bought me a spa treatment of a hot stone massage and reflexology. The girls were good. Andi had kids to keep her company. It was a good weekend, a good way to get over being the sickest I have ever been in my entire life!
During my long stay in my bed I did come to a realization that I love my family as it is. I think I was crazy for wanting another baby and thank God for keeping me infertile. It was odd that I never got pregnant, considering I was doing everything I could to do so. It seems like divine intervention. Considering I didn't even think about trying for my other 2 kids. Anyway, I love my family. I can get a sitter easily, who knows how easy it is with three. Andi will be out of diapers in the next few months, I don't know if I could handle breast feeding again. And I would never NOT breastfeed. I am just happy with the way things are. I don't want to mess things up.
Oh and this has nothing to do with the fact my husband was absolutely no help while on my deathbed. Nothing at all.

No comments: