Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thoughts and prayers of course

I hope you all didn't think I was some nieve idot who didn't know what happened the other side of our country this week (for me at least). It isn't that I was ignoring the fact that some psycopath killed so many innocent, it is more that I don't know what to say.
Serious issues always leaving me searching for words so sometimes it is better left unsaid.
It seems like I am shaking my head more and more asking, what is wrong with this world? Why does God let these things happen and if it is this bad, what will it be like when my kids are in school?
There were no school shootings when I was in school. The worst we had was a riot with the blacks and mexicans. We had police in with riot gear and we were stuck in 5th hour for about 2 hours. I think the worst thing that happened was a pregnant girl inhaled pepper spray. We weren't all that scared. I guess we had no idea two years later when we were off into "the real world" two kids would shake us all to our core and do the unimaginable. Then for it to happen again and again? Leaves me shaking my head.
I just wanted to share that I am grieving for our country, and those families and surviving students are in my prayers.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The worst thing at my school was a girl being "executed" in the parking lot. She was Indian, or Persian, or something, and her family moved her to America because she had been raped. And in her home country, the rape was considered a shame for the family, so they had a hit man take her out during lunch period!

It was sad, no one really knew her.