I have been such a gym whore lately and it is so out of my character.
The gym thing that is. Not the whore thing.
So I mentioned new neighbor friend has drug me to two, not one, spin classes. I am not a member of her gym and since I am quite the rule follower, well the rules that I think are important anyway, it sort of bothers me to be sneaking in. It has been the same guy at the front desk both times and I think he is wondering why I came in one week and signed in as Kim and this past Monday, since I didn't want to lie, I made my name look a whole lot more like Katy and my number resembled a Jenny from the 80's. She wants me to keep on going, but I think I will tell her that it is being dishonest that is keeping me from continuing, not the fact that my vagaga feels more like it has been in a gang bang. (bring it on google search!)
So then Tuesday morning I went to the gym with my parents and tried out their trainer. He said I could tag along with them and see if I want my own sessions. I am not a fan of hard work. Really. I am not. I thought it is 30 minutes, I can do it, my parents do it. I can so do this. This is the same dude that runs the boot camp I almost threw up all over last time. For some reason I thought it wouldn't be too tough. I mean, I played basketball for 6 years. Training was intense. I ran a half marathon and just last January I walked a half marathon with out training and much complaint, right Jenn, I didn't complain that much, right? So anyway, I get there and then I black out. Not really, but I sort of wish I had. This dude believes in hard core interval training and since he did my measurements this past Saturday and said I am on the high side of healthy, I need to loose 5% of my fat, he killed me. Well I wish he had. I have never had my heart rate that high. And I am an athletic person. I play sports, well I did. I thought my heart was going to beat of out my chest. That my lungs could not possibly expand to meet the amount of oxygen that I needed and therefore my throat would close up and I would have died. That was just during. On the drive home I was spacey and by the time I pulled into my garage my tunnel vision was raging and ear began ringing and then the coffee from that morning was sitting right there, just ready for the word go. I am anti vomiting, I am more of an anorexia person, I wouldn't let it come up. I just lied on my bed and waited for death to overcome me. He didn't so I had to shower and take the girls to the dentist. Seriously, I have never. And he wants me to meet him weekly on Wed's at 5pm. Oh I hope I get knocked up soon and have an excuse to be fat.
So THEN I talked Andrew into taking me to the gym, his gym. Our whole family was members at this mega gym, but when I wasn't going and the price was just outrageous, I took myself off. I told him to use a guest pass and him, Andi and I went while Lily was with her nurse. Why did I want to go to another gym when I was so beat? This mega gym has it all. Pool. Laps help me stretch more than anything. A sauna, which I hate, but I needed it. And my favorite, a spa. Ahhhh.
So we did all that, took Andi out of daycare and let her swim in the kids swim area. This is a MEGA gym.
OMG, did you hear Whitney's professional boss say OMG on The Hills that was weird, anyway, OMG really hits the nail on the head for the appropriate expression. Well not exactly true, I could say a whole lot more, but OMG works. My legs. My arms. My entire being. OMG.
Oh and just wondering, is it horrible that Andi is eating an ice cream cone, minus the ice cream, this morning? It was a compromise, I am such a wimp. The queen of anti confrontation wishes that was not such a huge requirement in the whole parenting arena.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment