Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stop....Relax....Slow Down....Breathe

I 100% believe you do not need to be a religious person to get something out of church. I have had issues with God for a long time. I am a Christian, I believe in God, sometimes I just don't understand him, or even like him. But no matter where I am in my beliefs there are times I go to church and while I am doodling during the sermon, something will jump out and bite me in the ass... sorry mom... err... bottom.


Today I got bit. Let's back up the the Sunday morning shuffle that most families know about who go to church. Although Church isn't until 10:30am, we still are always late and are running around like chickens trying to get out the door. This morning I stopped by the computer, checked on my Ebay account and had several questions on some tops I was reselling that I didn't like that I got originally on Ebay. So I run to my room to find this top and try to find measuring tape (good luck). I run into my room and Andi is getting into my make up... sigh... Andrew is lying in bed and he says Come here" I say "No, I am busy" he says, "Please." So I get in bed and lie next to him thinking about that top I need to measure. The tape measure I have no clue where it is. Andi messing with my $35 foundation I just bought. Lily needs a bath. Andrew snuggles me. Says "Relax" I can't. I don't talk and pray he gets his snuggle quota for the day and lets me on my way. He can tell I don't want to be there, sighs and lets go. I get up. I find my tape measure, I measure the top. I take the make up from Andi. I start the bath. We get out the door and even enough time to stop at Starbucks. We find parking and get to our seats.

After singing, greeting, more singing, the Pastor gets up and talks. He talks about slowing down. Taking a break. De stressing. It isn't something I haven't heard before, but either the way he worded it, or just the plain fact that I needed to hear that, I perked up.

Instantly my mind went back to this morning. The cuddles I ignored, the feelings I hurt, all because I had other things to do. Not that those things weren't important, but they should have not trumped some time with my husband. I hear women complaining all the time about their husbands not showing enough affection. Not appreciating them and here I have this wonderful man wanting to love me. I have two gorgeous daughters that need me to not get short with them when I am trying to do something on the computer.

So I am making some changes. Well I am going to attempt to. Computer only when girls are sleeping and Andrew is gone or busy, and of course at "work". And just stop... relax...slow down.... breathe.

2 comments:

Me said...

Smiling.

Yep... always good to remember!

I did the 'more than a snuggle' this morning even though I had sooooo much going on and on my mind. I had been up since 2:30 am! But Coffeehusband leaves today for a meeting in Minnesota and so I initiated some special snuggle time. ;)

It's hard to cut yourself off from computer though! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Make time for you and what's important (but don't forget us out here in cyberspace...we love you too!!...that was selfish).

When I was totally busy with tutus at the holidays I lost sight of why I was staying home with my girls. Since I've cooled down on the building of the business (I still fill orders and deal with offers that come in but I don't seek ways to build anymore) I'm MUCH happier...