In honor of today, April 29th 2008, I would like to make a tribute to my wonderful mother who turns 55 today. How do I love thee? Let me count thy ways.
(this looked so much better in my word doc. who knew cutting and pasting would be so freaking difficult!)
55 things I love about my mom.
1. I love that she got drunk some odd 30 years ago and forgot her birth control and along I came.
2. I love that she is witty enough to think to name me Brandy in a memory of I the night of my conception.
3. I love that she let my dad name me, otherwise I would have been walking around with a name like Noelle Joy and you all know I can’t pull off a name like that.
4. I love that she was always loving, but also stern in her ways.
5. I love that she always looks pretty. She never would go to the store without make up on.
6. I love that we came first.
7. I love that we always had good food in our tummies.
8. I love that she didn’t make us finish our meals.
9. I love that even if they were from the clearance rack, we always had brand named clothes.
10. I love that she would not receive so we could.
11. I love that since she couldn’t get me that cabbage patch kid one Christmas, she made me one.
12. I love that I didn’t know the difference until my sister pointed it out.
13. I love that she always listened to oldies, now I surprise everyone with my ability to sing beginning to end American Pie.
14. I love that she is athletic and coached my softball team. Even though I was the worst on the team.
15. I love that she never treated my brother any different than my sister and I.
16. I love that I had no sense of the difficulties she had in having a special son.
17. I love that she stuck with my dad through thick and thin.
18. I love that their marriage is rock solid now.
19. I love that she taught me about endurance.
20. I love that she taught me that life is not fair.
21. I love that she taught me that if I were bored, then I am indeed a boring person.
22. I love that she actually had me to believe if I put my arm out of the car, someone would have driven by and cut it off.
23. I love that she took us to church with her every week.
24. I love that she instilled a strong sense of morals in us.
25. I love that she sings, even though she is tone deaf.
26. I love that she can laugh about her being tone deaf.
27. I love her changing with the times.
28. I love how she still spoils us kids.
29. I love how she spoils her grandkids.
30. I love her generosity.
31. I love spending time with her.
32. I love that I love to spend time with her.
33. I love her smile.
34. I love her slow funny voice.
35. I love that adults ask her to adopt them.
36. I love that everyone else loves her too.
37. I love that she so well fits her nickname.
38. I love her nickname, Fancy Nancy.
39. I love that she has been there for me always.
40. I love that she has accepted me even in my moments of insanity.
41. I love that she thinks I am funny.
42. I love how much my girls love her.
43. I love going on girls trips with her.
44. I love that she can let loose.
45. I love that she never lets too loose.
46. I love that she says things like “tie one on.”
47. I love that even though she has to wear comfortable shoes, they are still stylish.
48. I love that she was by my side though the beginning years of Lily’s troubles.
49. I love that she will always be by my side.
50. I love that she understands she has been there.
51. I love that she has a lot of nice jewelry to pass on down.
52. I love that I would rather have her forever though, than her jewelry.
53. I love that she never ever farts. Ever.
54. I love how she loves me
55. I love how lucky I am to have her.
Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Mom. Happy Birthday to you.


7 comments:
You have an amazing mom. When I've been around her, she has always been so warm and kind and just a lot of fun to be with.
I wish she would adopt me, too! :)
Happy Birthday, Nancy!
*Char
Way to raise the fricken bar........ But Ditto :)
Aww. You're so sweet Kim. I love your mom too! Happy Birthday, Nancy! :)
Thank you so much Kim - I want it printed up for me to keep. And thanks for the ditto Jennifer - You don't have to write - you cook for me :-) And thanks to you girls for being the best daughters anyone could ask for! I should just learn not to read these things at work!
You are so lucky to have a mom...and relationship with her, like you do. There are so very many people (raises hand) that would die for that.
Kudos to your mom for raising such a cool daughter.
Happy Birthday to your mom! You are such a sweet daughter Kim! Aren't you so glad that you have a mom and sister that you are close to? It makes life a whole lot happier! It was fun to learn about your mom!
Happy Birthday Fancy Nancy!
Post a Comment