Thursday, February 21, 2008

Working for the weekend

I'm so tired right now; I may not make much sense. I don't want to use my blog as a place to complain, but it was one of those nights.
I went to sleep at 10pm. Puppy woke me up at 1am, totally normal, I usually take her out and am fast asleep, but it rained. Why is that a problem you ask? Because Fiona, Princess Fiona won't potty in the rain. I put her outside, get some water and she runs back in and runs to a corner and starts to squat, I freak out, I run, spilling my water, grab her and throw her out after telling her a few choice words of my own. But then my heart was racing, my adrenaline was pumping, I was awake. So, did I forget to mention Andi who told me she took a nap the minute I picked her up from daycare, so full of sh!t, lied. Why did I believe her? BECAUSE SHE IS 2! Why would a two year old need to lie about the fact they napped or not. We've got a fun future ahead of us don't we? Anyway, I let her watch Curious George in my room at 6:30pm and I checked on her after about 10-15 minutes and she was crashed out. I let her be. I didn't think it would hurt her to get a few extra hours of shuteye. Ohhhh was I ever wrong.
So back to me at 1am. I realize I could catch up on my Tivo'd shows and I start watching Real World/Road Rules Challenge that I had a couple weeks to catch up on. Add an episode of Intervention and it is 3am. I am still wide-awake and getting pissed. Little did I know how pissed I would be in less than 20 minutes when little miss liar pants woke up. I thought she'd fall back to sleep so I rubbed her back, was sweet as pie to her until I realized she wasn't going to fall back to sleep. She then started screaming to watch Dora, it was 3:30am! I told her no way in hell and to go back to sleep. Anyway, many tears and drama and then she was quiet. She was laying ON me and fidgeting, she was trying to go back to sleep while rubbing my boobs. I lost it and said "take your hands off my nipples now!" that feeling to me is worst than fingernails on chalkboard. I have no idea how I nursed her for so long. And b/c of it she is constantly getting frisky with me. Oh man I had it. At 4am I put on Noggin (why is that channel running 24 hours a day anyway?) and said screw it and I eventually drifted back to sleep and it was like torture to get me out of bed at 7am to get Lily ready for the bus. Andi never did go back to sleep until daddy took her to run some errands with her. She zonked the minute they drove a mile. But I am up, writing to you all. They are tiling our bathroom, making it handicapped accessible for Lil Bug and I am not so sure I want to pass out while strangers are in my house. Not that I haven't before, but....
Oh well such is life. Such is life of the parent who doesn't set many boundaries I should say.
They all can’t be winners folks.

3 comments:

Me said...

Oh no! I was cringing the whole time I read that as of course your posts always seem to bring back memories for me. Dang you! LOL.

I am holding out a huge mug of hot coffee to you right now - and I even made it in to a Vanilla Latte with whipped cream because I think you need it.

Anonymous said...

That sucks. Put the dog down already.

Allison said...

That cracks me up about her rubbing your nipples!!! I know it's probably not to funny to you though. Can't wait to see Lily's new bathroom, thats awesome.