Indecisiveness has plagued me my entire life.
I do anything I can to not make choices.
Chocolate or Vanilla? Swirl.
Am I Democrat or Republican? Independent.
I hate making decisions. Don’t get me wrong, I do not like being told what to do either. That is the best way to make me decisive, tell me what to do; I will then perk up and do the opposite.
I went to a weekend “training” a few, ok several years back and we had to break a board with our biggest vice written on it and I sat there looking at two papers trying to decide which to write on my board, “I want to be liked” or “Indecisiveness” I go back and forth for what seemed like forever and I decide on “I want to be liked”. Does that make sense? I mean really if I can’t decide on what board to break shouldn’t I have chosen Indecisive?
Well I don’t care if you like me or not anymore. Maybe I need to break another board, but damn that hurt.
I am afraid though my darling little Andi has been plagued as well. Her 3rd birthday is just around the corner and we are trying to plan her party.
Me: “Andi what kind of party do you want?”
Andi: “Tinkerbelle!”
Me: “Ok”
Andi: “No…..um….. Strawberry Shortcake!”
Me: “Alrighty”
Andi: “Mom, I want a Spiderman party!”
This went on and on. We would be riding in the car days later and she’d pipe up and say “I want a Dora party!” so in tribute to her indecisiveness I will celebrate it instead of dwelling. We are having a Dora, Strawberry Shortcake, Princesses, and Spiderman 3rd Birthday Party!
We will have a princess jumpy thing, Spiderman plates, Strawberry Shortcake Cake and Dora napkins.
I can’t wait for Andi to look back at pictures and say “what the hell mom” (I will wash her mouth out with soap if she says hell) “why was my 3rd birthday a hopnob of crap” and I will say “because you couldn’t make a choice so you got it all…. now see what a cluster f#$% it all looks like?”
[Big grin]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
LOL... all children do that with their party themes - but OMG my kids drove me nuts with Halloween costumes! (I know Andi does too - didn't she change her mind three times in one DAY?) LOL.
My oldest is STILL this way. Cannot or will not make decisions. It's become a family joke and now with her boyfriend too. :)
But that's not even what I popped in to say. LOL. I DREAMED about you and Andi last night. I had a dream you came to my house and Andi was in the middle of trying to be potty trained - and she used this big empty mayonnaise container (the huge industrial sized) that was sitting on a table and ignored the little potty seat that was on the floor, but we were all so excited because she WENT ON HER OWN and then came to tell us. LOL.
I have no idea... LOL. I know you are trying to potty train Fiona, but I only dreamed about Andi.
;o)
This is so funny. And pretty creative and actually sounds like a little more work lol. I can't wait to see pics :)
She is such a funny kid! I have never heard an all themed party. That is a great idea! I can't believe how big and old she is getting!!!!!
Post a Comment