So Andrew went snowboarding this weekend. I actually encouraged it. We probably aren't going to have another storm like that this season and he has only been once this year and I know he loves it so much. Plus I was going to be at a conference all day Sat that included childcare, so we're good. And another plus, I enjoy getting the bed to myself with the remote control at night.
So he has been gone. I have been at home, well sort of we were gone all day yesterday, but in his absence I have eaten it, like hard on our tile floor. Chasing after this stupid puppy that I am sure will either be the end of me period or at least my sanity, my new $13 shoes from Target with absolutely no traction ables me to hit the floor. Hard. I actually just lied there for a few moments thinking, did I really just fall? Like fall, fall? I can't remember the last time I ate it like that and I have the markings to show it. On ALL my limbs. I look like a 4 year old. A very tall 4 year old.
And also in his absence I colored my hair. Again. If you are new to me you wouldn't think much of that statement, but for those who do, I am sure you are saying oooohhhhhh nooooooo....
I have a tendency to go out and buy a box of hair color and screw it up so badly that I end up paying 4x what I would have if I just went in for high lights. Well I can say it isn't that bad, but I am in between hair people right now and have been let down with a couple and I was not in the mood to search, I don't have time to sit in a salon and frankly I don't want to pay high salon prices, but I won't go anywhere cheap. So I did it myself. Let's just say Revlon and it's money back guarantee blond will be getting a letter from me and I will be getting $14.00 back. Why does it have to turn orange on my roots every time?????? I even picked the ash, I have made the mistake of going golden before, but God ash failed me too. It isn't that bad, but I did have to go and get a toner which was no help really at all, maybe a little, but I will be calling and making an apt. and getting my hair done by someone else.
I told Andrew, "my hair is a little orange" and he says "again?! every time I go out of town you color your hair" I said, "I know, I just thought it would be different this time".
What's that expression Dr. Phil always uses, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.......sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You are too funny Kim! Can we at least some pictures of the hair? I am sure it is just fine!
LOL... when I wrote this mornings post I was waiting for the haircolor on my hair to 'finish'. :)
And my poor family knows that I could be literally shade at any time... on a whim. My son really likes to remind me of when I went purple. LOL. (Black Cherry!!! And if I was 19 and alternative I could have pulled it off much better than a SAHM of three under the age of 11.)
It's only hair... and it's only color. (Although I hate when it turns red and I didn't actually WANT red). :)
(snicker)
You crack me up.
Post a Comment