Friday, February 15, 2008

First off I want to say thanks for your kind words. It was nice to read them after I had a bad day. Having a blog it is nice to get things off your chest, but then people read those things you say and it leaves you feeling vulnerable. Embarrassed almost. Just wide open.
It is nice to know that the people reading care. No judging, caring. Maybe you all were just blowing smoke up my ass, but let's be honest we all could use a little smoke up our ass from time to time. It makes you feel better.
So thanks.
V-Day was good. Let me go back to V-Day eve and say I got the pee! I sat Lily's little tall naked butt on the potty training potty in the living room, I had couch pillows surrounding her and I sat down next to her as I filled out the kids valentines for their class mates (when will they do their own???!!), I was giving her a twix bar and milk and she said thank you by peeing. I was elated!
So V-Day, we woke up. I gave Andrew his card and his chocolate $1.99 fish that says "you're a keeper" and he gave me a card and Battle of the Sexes game to play this weekend when we go out of town. That was cute and thoughtful. Andrew got the girls cards and gifts and it was a nice morning.
I decided since Andi wanted to go to her school's party (we usually stay home on Thursdays) I had a morning to kill and since Kibberts has been asking me to come "observe" her work, I went to Jr. High yesterday. Kibberts teaches English and although I have big aspirations to write a book one day, I really don't even know what a pronoun is. I know I don't, I found out of my Nintendo DS Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader? Apparently not. So anyway, I thought I would quietly sit and "observe" but noooo... she tells her class that I am smarter than her and to ask me questions. Most of the kids ignored me, but when she was busy with another student and a kid had a question, she had the nerve to say ask Mrs. N. I am sure I went bright red, my hands were sweating and I said, "What?" He asks me a simple enough question, but almost too simple to where you are thinking, maybe I am wrong. I went with my first instinct and whispered to her, if he gets that wrong, please don't blame him.
So that was fun. I know I would be the worst teacher in the world, but watching her I was impressed. I was impressed my favorite drinking buddy, the girl I call whenever anything happens and she is there, my girl, she is well... an adult. A true freaking adult. Like a teacher. She is called Mrs. and all the kids love her and she is good at what she does. I just had to salute to her even more than I have already been doing. And it is amazing how she can manage to go a whole hour without one f*bomb, that might have been what impressed me the most! You rock!
So after that I ran to Phoenix to drop off the golden pee and met up with Andrew for our V-Day lunch. It was poke you in the eye fabulous.
Then I went shopping for a bit since I was where I am not usually (well alone and able to shop that is) and then got Andi and went home.
I made homemade spaghetti which was good, I had all the ingredients and it was going perfectly until I read the last line. Simmer for 3 hours. Oops. It was still good after a 30 minute simmer.
My parents called and wanted to bring the girls a little something, I told them I had some dinner for them and they got it simmered a lot longer and I am sure it was even better. They came, they ate and when they left my dad "forgot" a $50 on the counter. Sigh... I called him, "you forgot something", "what" he asks, "$50 bucks" I reply. "Oh I did.... you said you wanted to get your toes done" he says. "Oh dad...." I have a rocking dad. He really does rock.
Alright I am off for my follow up on this IUD and I am having him rip the damn thing out and throw it on the freeway. I cannot handle the periods I have on this thing. I bleed like I'm wounded and I am either about to jump off a bridge, or throw someone off one. Not cool. Not cool at all.

3 comments:

Allison said...

That was so very swet of your dad, what a treat!! Ok, so I am jealous you got to observe Mrs. D, how fun!! What was the question the boy asked you? I would be scared shitless to have them ask me a question, English is my worst subject. You write so well, can't wait to buy your book someday. Love ya

Kim said...

My son is four and he did his own name on his cards. FYI. You asked!!

Anonymous said...

I totally feel like I'm reading my own blog right now...except you didn't lock yourself in a dark room sobbing because your kids emptied your laundry basket out.

I have issues.

Congrats on obtaining the pee. I had to do that with my 4 y/o two weeks ago and it was equally as thrilling and frustrating. There's nothing to demote you like thinking how freakin' awesome you are 'cause you got a kid to pee in a plastic cup.