I am excited and so nervous about this trip. I hate flying with the kids. I love my kids, but I hate to travel with them.
Lily's car seat weighs about a thousand pounds. She has to sit in it though, we've tried without and she ended up laying on a very sweet, but strangers nonetheless, lap. So car seat, a must. Andi usually screams a lot and nurses a lot. I never minded nursing her on the plane before, but now she is 2. And very much 2. She is tall, big feet, talks a lot. There is no faking her twoness. I know people; I know they will think I am weird. I would have thought I was weird if it isn't me. I know it is different to nurse a two year old. But it isn't a bad thing. I don't think. It has been great birth control. A great way to stay in shape, and a great reminder to eat relatively well. But again, she is two. Some lady got kicked off a plane for not covering up while nursing on the plane.
I created a monster, she needs to nurse to sleep when I am around and it will be boobie or scream. I am sure the other passengers will choose boobie, but I think it is more awkward now. It is what it is.
My aunt made her a great Elmo back pack with all new cool plane ride activities that I won't show her until we get on the plane, so that will be a nice distraction. Plus my dad will be on the plane with us as well, but still I am nervous.
I am trying to de-stress and not freak, but it is an uncomfortable situation.
Did I mention we are flying 1st class? More room, yes, but I have a feeling the company will be a little less enthused about a seat kicking Lily and a boobie or scream Andi.
I wish we were flying to Salt Lake instead of Houston for the stop. Last time we stopped in Salt Lake everyone was so freaking nice. They said "oh she wasn't that bad" or "we've been there" or "we have 5 of them!" Those rough Texans aren't too granola. Oh well, whatever. I am totally rambling.
I will post before we go!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Could you talk to Andi about maybe not nursing on the plane? Not that I have a problem with it, but I dont' want you being kicked off the plane! I know my son at 2 could understand a little bit, maybe give her a big surprise if she waits to nurse until the plane lands! You have a wonderful vacation!
Kim (Aug 2003 Mommy)
I smiled quite a few times on this post. I'm a little jealous you are flying first class... I can't even imagine having gasp... leg room on a plane anymore!???
LOL.
I would also try to bribe her lol Good luck. I hope the flight goes without hassles
Post a Comment