Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Jury Duty

So I got a Jury summons in the mail and unlike most people I was excited.
Am I the only person fascinated with the whole court process? Of course excluding Wendy and Kelly who spend their days in court, I love law! I know I would never be a good lawyer, but I sure love the whole idea of court room drama. Now I don't like the ones that sue us personally for barely rear ending someone at 5 mph. Or the ones who sue my dads company for something totally bogus. I like the REAL lawyers that fight about real stuff. Not that person pissed on my lawn. But this guy killed his wife stuff.
Anyway, every time I get one I anxiously wait till 4:30pm to call the day before and both times they say you are excused. I hate that! At least let me listen to the good gossip then decide if I can be on the jury.
I am sure I am totally seeing this differently than the people who actually have to be a juror, remember people I live an over dramatized life. I think of it as murder, evidence, a victim, a killer with a reason. I LOVE drama!
I will call at 4:31pm on June 7th and see if I at least get to get dressed professionally and sit all day at the court house.

3 comments:

Melany aka Supermom said...

I'm fascinated with how your courty system works. We don't have a jury to decide on a case. The judge does that. I have many theories on this lol I think it's kinda scary thinking that a jury who has no law background can decide on someones fate...but hey, I live in Africa...what do I know! Here they let rapists out on bail and life in prison means a maximum of 15 years!
Okay wait I have completely missed the whole idea of the post...YES you must be on the jury...I need to experience it through you!

Me said...

LOL because I hear a LOT Of people that love jury duty! Even my husband.

When we were first married and living in Southern California he was a full time student and gone every day into Hollywood from 9:30 am until 10:00 pm due to classes and traffic getting back to Riverside. So in the mail he gets a summons for duty and I fill it out saying he can't do it due to the "full time student" clause.

When he was leaving the next morning I told him to sign it and I'd mail it in and he was mad! LOL. He said he WANTED to do jury duty and didn't want to check the box marked full time student!

Well... he's never forgiven me because he's never been called for duty again! :)

Anonymous said...

I got a jury summons for Phoenix in the mail the other day too! I threw it in the trash. hehe I don't think I have to go while I am in Canada. I got out of it the first time bc I was breast feeding Mazie. I decided to go to court to fight my traffic ticket so I was there today setting up a court date. I think it's interesting but I used to work in a court room and man was it boring!~ Kathy