Monday, May 07, 2007

Fun weekend!!

I am trying to find some time to post, but I have Lily at work with me today. I don't normally work on Monday's, but due to this lawsuit I am trying to feed Lily lunch, find files in my computer and really wanting to update here!
Friday night we went to the Improv. I planned this event; it was my sister and her husband, my aunt and her husband, my mom, my brother, Andrew and I. The comedian was Josh Blue. I am not sure if anyone is familiar with him, but he has cerebral palsy. He won Last Comic Standing on NBC last year and is absolutely HILARIOUS! I mean, tears down my face, stomach hurting, face paralyzing funny! My brother was just laughing and totally enjoying himself! We laughed so hard when Josh said how people talk to him, like they think handicapped people are hard of hearing "HEY BUDDY! HOW ARE YOU?" My brother just nodded and laughed! Lily is getting that too already, like if you can't walk your ears surely don't work.
We just really had a great time! At the end my mom bought a couple DVD's and then we took my brother over to Josh and they did an awkward handshake with both their "bad" hands and Josh gets a DVD signs it and says to my brother "palsy discount". I touched him on the shoulder and said, "That was great! Thanks!" and he smiled. It was such an amazing night! Hats off to Josh Blue and if anyone gets a chance to see him! GO!

Saturday was just another fun day! We took the kids to see Sesame Street Live! It was so fun! I couldn't believe how good Andi was and how much Lily enjoyed the show. I think Andi was one of the only two year olds that sat and watched the entire thing and sang along. It was so cute to see. Lily loved the light sticks and just clapped and wiggled and "sang" too. We really had a great time. It was one of those beaming proud mom days.

Sunday was nothing out of the ordinary, just church, lunch and rest! But with a weekend like that, who needs anything else!

Hope you all had a great one too!

3 comments:

Me said...

Sounds like you had an awesome night and it was JUST what you all needed right now... good belly laughs!

Melany aka Supermom said...

That sounds like the perfect weekend. Isn't it just absolutely weird how people shout at disabled people?! We have one guy that has been working at a local hypermarket. He LOVES kids but you cannot hear word he says. I'm not sure what is wrong wit him exactly but he also battles to walk. Most people keep on talking so loudly to him...I just think it's weird. OH and if they really want to get me upset they must treat him like he has some kind of contagious desease. Ppl can be so weird

brandii said...

LMAO at the "palsy discount"!!

I was rooting for Josh thru the whole show last season!

Very VEry funny man.



Sounds like a great time :)