Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Movies!

So I am fortunate to have seen two movies in three days! Isn't that awesome!

I used to see a movie a week. I knew what was coming out, when it was coming out and what the reviews were. Now I look at the movie listings and say "what's that?"

My mom and I went to a movie Sunday night and we randomly picked Gone Baby Gone. I was intrigued since I love the Affleck brothers and I heard it was from the same writers as Mystic River so I thought it should be good. I had not a clue what it was about and was entranced the entire movie. It was fabulous! Not a feel good that is for sure, but that Boston accent is so cute and Casey just moved himself in my top 5 list! It really was a great movie that I recommend, great for date night. But be prepared for your ears to sting with F Bombs! I was laughing at all the creative ways they figured how to put that word in certain phrases.

Then last night I went with "my circle" and my nieces to see Dan in Real Life. I had wanted to see it, but figured it would be by rental. I really didn't know what to expect and I was completely overtaken by this movie. It was absolutely fabulous in every meaning of that word! Steve Carrell was wonderful, Dane Cook... ehh could have done with out him, but it was such a great movie. Funny, sad, feel good ending. Wonderful! I loved it. I especially loved seeing a family onscreen that really resembled my family. Loud and overbearing. We just now need to add a family talent show and dueling crossword puzzle game to our vacations up north and it will be us.

So I totally recommend both those movies if you all are able to get out of the house.

And it was odd that in Gone Baby Gone the coke head lady was the same lady as one of the clean cut moms in Dan in Real Life. Weird. Great actress to pull that off!


You all know our store closed and the things we couldn't sell got divided and taken home. There were some great perks to this. I got a chandelier, fabulous clothes, a lot of nice hangers, a table and some other miscellaneous items that I would never buy for myself. One thing however I would never buy and I really didn't even want to take. Although I don't care much for it, Andi however adores it. It is her new best friend. Something she calls her lady and this is how much she loves it.

This is the image I came home to Sunday night after my movie date with my mom:


She comes with arms and legs, but Andi really just prefers the body.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have one crazy kid! She cracks me up!!

Tiffany said...

That is hilarious! She is so funny! Maybe that is going to be her new sibling! The joys of toddlers!!!!!

Kelly said...

That photo is hysterical! I'd live to see both of those movies, if only I had the time!

Kathy said...

Cah-reepy!

~Kathy

brandii said...

pwwtt! That is a GREAT pic..and story