So I have been blogging for two years. I started this one last Oct. but I still don't understand nor participate in the blogging games that go on. I don't understand blogroll. I put the blogs down that I read, that is all. I guess just like always, I am not in the "in crowd". But that is fine. I have no aspirations to be Heather Armstrong, nor Crystal aka Boobs and Dr. Pepper. They are fabulous and it is their thing. I just like to journal and have done it my entire life. I just type much faster than I write and since it may not seem like it, I still sensor myself here, I do keep an actual journal at home as well. I do have aspirations to write a book, some day about the struggles with raising a special needs child while keeping a sense of humor, but my blog in no way shape or form is a way of leading up to advertisement for myself.
I guess I am writing this b/c I have a stat counter and I am realizing some sick bastards find my site by googling really sick shit and I realize that maybe I shouldn't hit spell check before I post. It appears that the proper spelling of the word d!ldo and my title having the word diapers in it seems to bring out some real sickos! Probably where Annon stumbled in from. Ahem.
I guess I never understood why certain words weren't spelled right, or have a symbol in them on other blogs. Well I figured that out.
Awhile back I was absolutely shocked when a phrase I used on Lily's site was completely taken out of context and googled and my site came up. When I found that out I was much more careful about explaining where I administered her emergency Diastat (Valium). But I didn't think so much about my blog. Well I guess I should have. A very popular search on google that leads them to me is teens in diapers. And I already said one of the most disturbing ones about diapers and d!ldos. I guess I am learning inch by inch how to do this whole blogging thing. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but then I try to not do it and it drives me crazy.
Anyway, a lot of rambling today. Just a little grossed out by what people google and they find my blog. Gag
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Scary... speaking of which I need to check my stats!
Maybe we should write a book together? Maybe talk about our girls being twins separated at birth!
Oh yes... I think all bloggers go through that and gasp when they read what keywords bring people to their sites. Luckily the perverts don't stay long because our REAL boring lives aren't too exciting to read. LOL.
PS: I play no blogging games either. I started 'online diaries' before the word blog was invented. Since then I've gone through a lot of changes and ultimately, rambling over coffee is what works for me. :)
There are some sickos out there. I used to get reallllly icky searches.
P.S. I could get hung for saying this on the internet but I'm not a fan of Dooce...I like down-to-earth real-live people and think this and my other "friends" are just about the most perfect blogs/personal ramblings ever...
(that deleted one was me...I double-posted...sorry 'bout that...)
there are definitely some real sickos out there.
I dont care about being in the "in" crowd. I blog for me and if people read well I am happy to hear from them.
Post a Comment