Monday, November 26, 2007

And... we're back

Hey there everyone! How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was really nice! Really cold, but really nice!
We flew at 6:30am on Tuesday morning and as much as I was dreading it, it went as smooth as possible. We woke the girls at 5am and we left, they were both happy and sweet. The airport wasn't busy yet and thanks to Lily we got to park in handicap and got checked in, thru security and I still had time for Starbucks before we boarded.
We rented a car and that was smartest. We flew to Denver and drove up to Windsor, just north of Fort Collins. It is absolutely beautiful there! Cold though, holy snikies! I was freezing!
We had a great time with just Andrew's brother and wife the first night. My sister in law took me shopping for a bit the next day. Everyone came Wed. afternoon. It was a full house, our hosts were incredible. I know how much it costs to feed people for one day, they had us for three! They had our meals all planned out and great ones at that! I am a bit of a snob with Thanksgiving b/c my family does it all completely home made and they hold no stops, but I was very impressed! Although I am not much for contributing with the cooking, I did spend most my time in the kitchen doing dishes, it was all I could do to help.
There were some minor issues, but we had us, the hosts, Andrew's other brother and wife and two kids and his parents and his grandma all under one roof for two nights. That is a lot of reasons for lots of drama, but all in all it really went smoothly.
Except for chocolate milk on new carpet I was pretty impressed with my girls. Well Lily of course, but Andi really was well behaved and I was proud of her. She loved the snow and wanted to play in it all the time. Too bad she has a mom who has no concept of winter so she was poorly equipped to play in it.
We did another small medicine wean the day we got there for Lily and she had a gran mal seizure that first night. I put her back on her regular dose before that last wean and she was fine the rest of the trip. She is such a trooper! Since I was unsure about the circumstances for the seizure. Travel? Wean? Elevation? I decided to try one more time with the continuation of the wean and started yesterday, we got home Friday late night. Lily did fine last night. We will continue.
As odd as this may sound, I am all ready to get back to work. Monday was the only day I worked last week and I am ready to go back. I am also ready for a little preschool action as well as school for Lily. Judge me all you want, but mama needs those three days a week at work with adults and no kids. I just have to get thru a long therapy day and I will work tomorrow.
Well this is obviously boring, but I just wanted to get a quick update and hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!
And NOW we are all allowed to decorate and listen to Christmas music and it is soooo on!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I actually looked forward to work today as well. Now that I'm here, I'm bored! ;)

A wean while traveling? You are very brave indeed!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you had a great time! It's so nice to get away sometimes! Would you want to do another girls night soon? I am ready for one!