Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm not smarter than a 5th grader

So I am close to my nieces and nephews. I am especially close to my sisters kids. I got to spend a little extra time with her youngest today, she is 10 and very bright. On our ride to her house tonight I asked why the oldest two had to go to school tomorrow (private school) and she doesn't, it is a national holiday. And she says very matter of fact "actually it's an observed holiday." "Oh" I say.
On my drive back home I am lost in thought, wondering when did my 10 year old niece become smarter than me? And as I am thinking that thought I look in the rear view mirror and I see Andi putting a wet wipe in her Sonic Blue Coconut Creamslush and then wiping her hair with it. I smile and think, at least I have a few years on her.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That hilarious! I swear these kids are so with it these days!
I just read Lilys webpage. I wish you luck and will be praying for you guys! I just LOVE that girl!

Me said...

I hate 'observed' holidays. The only people that care are the government workers that get yet another day off. The real holiday was YESTERDAY people... so open the dang court house and let me pay my registration fee's!!!!!!!!!!!!


(LOL... can you tell the 'observed' holiday bit us in the butt today?)

Kelly said...

What a smarty pants! LMAO at Andi!

Anonymous said...

That's CUUUUUTE!!! Little Andi, bless her heart.