Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007!

Can you believe it is 2007? 7 whole years since the whole Y2K fiasco? 6 whole years since I met Andrew. Actually that was the last New Year's Eve I actually celebrated.
We had a fun weekend but these long weekends hurt my boobs. What did she just say? Yes my boobs, long weekends hurt my boobs b/c Andi sees me home and I am fair play. I have to admit it is getting really old and I really want to start weaning her but I haven't got a clue as to how. See it isn't bad when we are on a schedule with day care. She nurses in the morning, after day care and before bedtime but during the weekends anytime I sit my butt down she attacks. I tell her no and she melts down. I seriously can't sit and relax unless I want to pull up my top.
I know there are many people, even in our family that thinks breast feeding is "weird" especially a toddler and I couldn't give to craps about that, actually that is what has kept me nursing so long... you know that competative spirit can be good for something, but letting the kid use me as a pacifier has really made me think it will never end. I really don't want to go longer than 2 years, I think it is time to reclaim my body but I have no clue how. I have a feeling I will never toughen up and continue this behavior forever. Sigh.... I guess one good thing is I am pretty sure it is why I am able to eat what I want and not gain weight.
Well that is not what I planned on posting about but what can you do, I must have felt the need to vent.
We had Andrew's brother and wife come visit, they stayed in a hotel but close by. I think that way they got to enjoy themself as a couple and spend time with us. We had a good time. We went to The Melting Pot (2x in one month for me!) and had a wonderful time. We just sat and talked and laughed. That was my favorite part of the weekend. I think Andrew's and theirs was the Fiesta Bowl. But the night we had a sitter was my favorite!

And pretty please with sugar on top keep my Grandpa Jesse in your thoughts and prayers. He is going in for double bypass surgery at noon today (1/2). The surgery is high risk but so is not having it. Please pray he makes it thru and is back to his onery self again and soon.

No comments: