Tuesday, January 09, 2007

No Mvies on Saturday Night!

OK, I got to see a movie with my good friend, Allison, on Saturday night.
Well I guess it has been awhile since I went to a movie on a weekend night and let me tell you, it will be the last!
I have never seen so much disrespectful people in my life. Scratch people, teenagers. They do not qualify as people. Not the ones at Chandler Fashion Center Harkins Movie Theater on Saturday (Jan. 6th, 2007) night.
We go to see Dreamgirls. I am pretty sure most people know, or at least should know, the movie is a MUSICAL, that means a lot of singing. Understand that children? I mean I am sounding like a crotchety old woman, but I had to move from my seat, away from these talking, laughing, cell phone talking, and text messaging, poor excuse for human beings. I was so irritated by the kid’s right next to me as well as the whole theater of kids that thought it was funny every time the actors broke into song. Ok if you know me, you know I LOVE musicals. I wish life was a musical. That is what makes a musical, music. So if Jennifer Hudson decides to sing instead of talk, don't freaking laugh. That girl could sing the rest of her life and never speak and I would worship the ground she walked on.
And yes, I do remember being a teen, but I also know I didn't bother people in the theater. I was raised better than that. Plus we didn't have cell phones and texting is just as bad as talking, to have that bright blue screen, ugh.
Oh and another thing, I get to see about 4 movies a year, because I have children. People please have the same respect. Don't bring an older infant into a movie at 8pm. Please. Please. I love kids, but seriously there is a place and time.
So I paid $9.50 to listen to teens talk and laugh, to change seats, and listen to a crying baby. I still have to say I LOVED that movie and I would love to see it again, just alone. Or during the matinee with the other old folks that go to the movies, TO SEE A MOVIE.

1 comment:

Me said...

I'm sorry to hear they ruined it! I've read a number of blogs talking about this very topic lately.

I truly think teens have gotten awful just recently... as in, the past year or two. Their social skills have not only diminshed, but are practically null and void with the over use of electronics in their lives and lack of parental involvement or parenting.

(And guess what? I have 2 teens! LOL. They DO NOT act like that and actually, my 16 year old daughter has come home from the movies complaining about the exact things you did!)