Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Random Thoughts.....

Please cut your human resource dept. some slack regarding your W2. Some companies have them ran from a payroll company, that haven't sent them yet. It isn't like they are just sitting on our desk while we pick our noses. They WILL come, remember by law we have until Jan. 31st, 2007.

I was wondering if you get a dog from another family and she is 4 when you get her, her habits are not your fault, right? Even if she has been with your family for 5 years? Our dog, Haley, that Andi calls La La never ceases to leave Andrew and myself dry heaving. That dog is plain old nasty. I won't even tell you what she ate the other day that left me running for the toilet. Then today Andrew was running around the house blaagh, blaagh... Nasty dog.

I will always crave to sit at a table at those Golden Globes. Man, I am so sad that I can't sit there all dressed up, eating and drinking. I'd settle for waiting those tables. I so want that golden ticket!

And I have to ask why. Why God, why? You know I have had a lot of issues with God. I have been raised praying to him and felt a bit abandoned by him when things went sour with my Lily. I have been working on rebuilding a relationship, a different kind, nonetheless but a new one. I want to live a good life and I think God is something I should have in mine. BUT I can't help but want to bitch slap him sometimes. Sorry, but I found out yesterday that a class mate of Lily's passed away this past weekend. Died in bed. A sweet, innocent soul that left this earth far too early. Was it not enough for him to suffer in his body that would not work with his mind, but to take him from his family? A family who cared for him and loved him just as he was? I understand he is now free and can move like he always wanted to, but the hurt his family must feel is something parent's shouldn't feel. I just don't understand, why. He was so sweet. He had a beautiful smile and my heart aches for his family and teachers who won't see his smiles anymore.

And one more thing about God. A very good friend of mine miscarried awhile back after years of trying to conceive. Now she is 21 weeks pregnant and up until now all has been well.... BUT after an ultra sound she found out there is no amniotic fluid. The baby is perfectly healthy but without the fluid the baby cannot grow and will not survive. She is on complete restrictive bed rest, hoping she/the baby will regenerate the fluid the baby needs to survive. My friend is a woman of God, so strong in faith, and to see her have such struggles is heart breaking. I am praying for her and I hope those of you with faith would do the same thing.

AND another thing. My grandpa is out of the nursing home and back in the hospital with pneumonia. He has some fluid around his heart as well. He is really struggling at getting better and the first nursing home he was in did nothing for him. It is no wonder they are constantly sued. They moved him to a better one and after 2 days there they sent him to the ER. He will be hospitalized for a few more days, if all goes well. Then back to the nursing home. Sigh.... my mom and aunt is there ALL the time. They are such good daughters. His sons (my uncles) are there when they can but it is the daughters to whom he relies on. I hope I can get the same care from my kids one day that my Grandpa does. Who knows what would have happened to him at the nursing home without his kids.

This is a lot to say. Obviously.

3 comments:

Brewster Girl said...

Kim,
You are in my prayers, as is your grandpa, and Lily's classmate. :( How awful. As for your friend, I want to tell you; my sister in law started leaking fluid at 21 weeks; the prognosis was awful, and she was put in the hospital immediately where she stayed for FOURTEEN weeks. My nephew was born at 35 1/2 weeks, and though struggles (a tiny bit), just celebrated his second birthday. We almost lost hope, but as you know, there's always hope. I'll pray for her and her unborn. HUGS, Kim

Kelly said...

Kim, I am so shocked about Lily's classmate. I swear... how did you get to be the one special needs parent to attend more funerals for children than should be allowed! I think you've gone to more than me, and I haven't gone to one. I just don't understand it... but I do understand your questions to God.

Prayers for everyone mentioned in this post! Hugs for you! Hang in there!

Me said...

The song "Held" by Natalie Grant comes to mind re; the classmate that passed away.

I'm just speechless about the no amniotic fluid. I guess because I've never heard of that at 21 weeks. Only at the end of the pregnancy...

I will hope for the best! If you remember, please update on your blog. I will hope for good news in about 12-15 weeks!!!