Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2 am Movie Watching

So after a few distractions in the middle of the night I was up at 2am and could not go back to sleep. I did what I always do when I can't sleep, think. I hate thinking in the middle of the night. It isn't like thinking about writing thank you notes will help me remember to do so the next day... sigh.
Anyway, I turn on the TV and see Memoirs of a Geisha is on. I loved the book and rented the movie back when it came out, but I had to watch it with my kids in the afternoon. I am sure you moms know what I am saying. I really never saw the move.
I am not sure if it was me trying to not think, or the new Direct TV in HD or what, but is that the most beautiful movie in the history of movies? I mean, the actors, the colors, the locations, the clothing..... ahhhh I couldn't go back to sleep b/c I was mesmerized by the amazing beauty of that movie...
Ok maybe I am crazy, maybe I am just tired. Weird blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooooove that movie!!! And the book too, for that matter. They did a fantastic job on the costumes, etc, weren't they up for a bunch of awards because of it? I don't remember if they won though. :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was great to watch the movie uninterrupted however when my kids wake me up I do my BEST not to wake up. To go through the motions while my mind is still asleep lol