Do you ever wonder if your kids are sometimes kidding. Like you hear her screaming for a cupcake at 8am and tell her no and then she cries and acts like her life is over. Then stops and asks for coke. Then it is a no and it is screaming, crying and on the floor. Then she stops (after her mama totally ignores her) and asks for a banana. I just look at her. Grab a banana, hand it to her and walk away.
But I can't help but shake my head and think, she is kidding. She is doing this on purpose. She is seeing what she can get from me and I just wanna drop kick her. (Of course I would never.....)
I am a very lax mom. Everyone knows it. I have been offended at times for being called out on it, but not anymore. I accept it. I am lax. I am a lax person. I am a peace keeper and yes although I do have a bit of a hot head, I am usually incredibly guilty after blow ups and for that sake I do my best to stray from them. So I am lax. But with Andi I decide while she is whining and asking, is this important? If I decide to say no, I need to stick to no and of course I have been weak, but for the most part I stick to no. And sometimes sticking to no is HARD and all I want to do is throw a cupcake at her, but I don't. But I sure want to. Kind of like when Andrew was quitting smoking years ago and at times I would yell, "go smoke!" But a lot of times I decide it isn't that big of a deal and fighting isn't going to get either of us anywhere, so I am lax. But I think that is where Andi tests me more. I don't always say no, so she tests the water to see if mom will say no today or not. I don't know. I am totally rambling. Some mornings are just so tough with that child and I know the power struggles are just going to get harder and over much bigger things. Sigh.
If this child growing inside me is anything like her, I think I will need an early grave.
By the way, are my boobs going to stop hurting soon? I honestly can't remember, do they hurt the whole time? They feel bruised and I know it will just get worse once I become once again a human pacificer. Let me know those of you who remember or are beyond the first trimester. How can I forget all this stuff? Do I have to be Michelle Duggar and on baby 18 to not forget what happens next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Is it bad that I just had a baby 4 months ago and I can't remember either? I think it gets better after the first trimester but it seems they still are sore. I AM a human pacifier all night long and very lax too! Andi will grow out of testing you like that as long as you are consistent with sticking to "NO!" Hang in there, it gets better. Avas age is so nice. So helpful.
Kim~ I really think it's great that you're a lax mother, the best moms are :)
My boobs hurt most of my pregnancy, I think it varies from person to person.
In our house, we have "power foods" and "junk foods." Power foods (like fruits & vegetables) give you power/ energy and junk foods take away energy. I would just explain that to Andi & maybe allow one junk food a day or something so that if she has that cupcake at 8am, that's it for the day. Eventually she'll learn that it's more rewarding to save it for the end of the day!
Have you thought of names yet or is it too early?
Ummm... ok.
Yeah - they aren't 'kidding' they are just playing you. LOL. And yeah, kids do that.
:)
Post a Comment