Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Divine Miss M

OMG! That was the BEST show ever! I absolutely recommend it to anyone!!! I even think Andrew would have enjoyed it, there were showgirls in g-strings at one point. But yeah, it was fabulous!
I had no problem being in Vegas and not drinking. I had a great time and slept like a rock both nights, I slept past 8am every day! So unusual for me.
We drove up on Friday and it took about 5 hours with a couple stops. We laughed so hard and really had a great time. I am so lucky to be able to be so close with my mom, sister and aunt.
We shopped, gambled (twice I put a dollar in the quarter slot and won $10 so I cashed out), swam, and ate out and of course Bette on Saturday night.
She was adorable and hilarious and when she sang The Rose I got goosebumps and teared up.
What an experience. I rarely had any nausea and I am wondering if it is waking up early that really heightens it because I was up at 6am on Monday and the nausea hit me hard on the head right when I sat up, but when I slept in I was fine. That is weird. Unless it is my house that makes me sick, which is a total possibility.
Andrew did just fine in my absence, although he held hostage our 17 year old niece, he did well.
So that really did de-funk me. I felt great there and was so happy!
I'm excited that next Sat (the 26th) we're driving two hours north and staying at a cabin (mom of a friends place) and enjoying the woods. I have this strange obsession with swimming in natural waters, there is nothing more refreshing to me, and that is what we are doing. Going to a swimming hole!
This has been the most traveled summer I have ever had, and probably the last in a long time!
Cancun is in 4 weeks! Although we will be paying forever on it, I am so excited to see my friend get married. She is so artistic and creative I can't wait to see her dress and the bridesmaids and so on. It will really be an awesome vacation!

I am almost out of this trimester, two more weeks. I am hoping the nausea will take a hike by then and then things will be so much better.

Oh and to show I am not all chipper right now, we got termites. So there goes 4 Wii's. Sigh. $1150! Our house is only 8 years old. Sigh.
What can you do? There is always something.

2 comments:

Me said...

TERMITES? Ahhhhh.... I'm reminding myself that I can wait patiently to be relocated back to the south. Yes I can. :)

Reagan Leigh said...

We had the same problem 2yrs ago when our house was only 6yrs old. Termites suck. I'm glad you were able to spend some time relaxing...you deserve it! My mother saw Bette in Vegas on opening night! She just happened to wonder up to the ticket counter that night and they had a few extra VIP tickets that they were selling to the general public ~15min before the show started (expensive but great seats). She sat right beside Siegfried and Roy!