So we are lying in bed this morning, watching the news, relishing in the fact that both girls are in their own beds sleeping past 7am when we see a story.
The newscaster says it was last night while a man was holding his groceries waiting for the bus when a truck out of nowhere hits him and takes off. He is lying there dying, his groceries are spread out all over the ground. She says as if that isn't bad enough, instead of calling for help people started stealing his groceries. I mean, seriously? Seriously? I say to Andrew, that has to be a bad area for not one good citizen to help out. Not one?! Then they say, let's go to Diane, she is on scene. I see Diane talking and I see a taqueria that is by my office. Oh there must be a chain of those little taquerias. Then I see the sweet shop that I get my escamocha's at, across the street from my office! Then I see my office as well as a paint van pulling into the office. OMG, this was across the street from where I work! OMG! I mean, I know it isn't safe, but I didn't know that if I am to be hit by a car not only will I die from it, I will be robbed as well.
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
When I read about the groceries being spilled I thought "Oh no... don't tell me they robbed him..." AND THEY DID!
Stories like this piss me off to no end. GRRRRRR.
It's sad that. Unfortunately it happens here all the time. All the time. If you have an accident you just know that most of the stuff in your car will be stolen.
We had a microlight fall on a highway about 3 weeks ago. The passangers of a taxi started kicking the passanger of the microlight and stealing stuff from his body as he lay there...still strapped into the plane
Scary stuff
Post a Comment