Tonight starts with a Passion Party. I am hosting it at my place. I have never been and have no idea what to expect! If you live in AZ and know me personally and were not invited, it is only b/c I was too embarrassed to ask. If you wanna come shoot me an email. The more the merrier. My worst fear is me, Kim and Allison sitting there with a whole bunch of dildos. I've got sangria sitting in the fridge soaking up all the flavor.... yummmmm! I did label it however, our nurse will be home with Lily and I could only picture her giving Lily a large glass of sangria. I also pictured her having some as well. Only b/c she has to be the sweetest person on this planet. I have known a lot of LDS women, I grew up in Mesa. I have good friends who are LDS, but this woman is unreal. Like picture the most ethical, honest, kindest person on the planet and you will find her. She won't take an extra hour or two when I am practically shoving them down her throat. I just had a funny image of her accidentally having a glass of my sangria. I like to have fantasies play in my head. It keeps things interesting. Anyway, I am a little embarrassed for her to know what my party tonight is for so I am hoping to just tell her it is a girls night in and hope I get her out of the house before a large purple penis van pulls up.
That is tonight.
Tomorrow is our last Saturday at Closet a la Mode. The doors are closing. Finished. Kaput! All of us girls will be there for our last day and then we'll celebrate, I guess what else can I say, at the Coyotes game. Glass seats! Pray for some good celeb watching. These are primo seats. Or at least a great fight in front of my face. Again, I know it is another spotting's event (2 in one week!) BUT they are seats that all the best people watching will be taking place. I love watching rich people. Watching them fart and blame it on the little guy selling peanuts. Rannnndommmm......
Then Sunday... oh Sunday. My heart is scared for Sunday. My tummy is flipping for Sunday. Sunday will be the last day in the only church that I have ever known. The church I have gone to for 27 years. 27 years! I am 28 years old. Just about every Sunday of my life has been spent at Tri City Alliance. I have gone thru many Pastors. Some who have changed my life and some I hardly remember. I have made some of my best friends whom I still know and love at Tri City Alliance. A church that accepted me and loved me thru one divorce and accepts and loves Andrew. A church who diligently prayed for Lily thru all her hardships and prayed for us as well while dealing with it all. A church who had me in just about every Christmas production we have had and sometimes with really big parts. There are no words to describe what I feel about what is happening. The church is closing. It is over. Almost three decades and it is over. I now have to find a new church. A church that I trust sending Lily to class at. A church I know Andi will enjoy. A church with a music team my husband will love to listen to and a place I will feel at home. That isn't easy and I am not sure I am up for the challenge. Sigh.
Here is me at Tri City Alliance in the nursery in the early 80's, I'm the one sitting Paris style WITH PANTIES on

Here is me in the same room assistant teaching VBS this summer with my kids.

Wish me luck this weekend~


1 comment:
Awe, Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about your church closing and your store too! I wish you guys would have been able to do online shopping. I'd have been there in a heartbeat.
Very cool about the passion party. I've known people here who have had one but I've never been to one either. I'd be the one blushing, covering my eyes, but secretly peeking through them to get a glimpse of the goods. I hope you have fun!!!
Post a Comment