Friday, February 16, 2007

Just throw me under the bus why don't you....

So a show on a local news channel (sonoran living) called and said this woman liked out boutique and wanted to do an interview in our store.
We were under the impression we would be giving *her* some friendly advice and go from there. Of course we said yes, publicity is publicity. Well I feel completely thrown under the bus.
The weird thing is we were called to do a fashion show on this same show on Monday, but we said we are doing this thing today so they said "oh too much of one store" so in other words we did this little segment ilo a fashion show showing off what we specialize in..... clothing.
Well this was a show about a woman opening a boutique, but she is going thru our store showing what *she* likes and what *she* would do different. I heard the whole thing and wasn't too offended. She is an older woman so she obviously has a different point of view.. whatever. But then the camera man wants her walking around and pretend to shop. Well she says "can I bring her in?" (me) and he says "sure." So I think we are "pretending" and boom, thrown, under the bus.... totally completly Final Destination style, just there one minute gone the next.
This lady says "I have an event, I need a top". Ok so I start showing her stuff and she says "well, that won't work for me." "Ok how about this?" "That isn't in my price range." "Ooookkkkkaaaay what about this?" "Well what would I wear under this?" "A black cami." "What about another color and accessorize it." "Ok, yeah maybe a red cami with red shoes and bag." "Well I was thinking more jewerly." "Ok yeah jewlery"... what ever. "So then what about this?" "Well that isn't my color. Don't you think that isn't my color? What do you think is my color?"..... holy freaking crap lady! What the hell do you want me to do???? I was so pissed. The camera man finally stopped her and said lightly, "this is just pretend." I said "I am not that well versed in my mom's area. I know they younger stuff." I got very quiet at the end of taping but I was fuming.
My mom told me AFTERWARDS this lady is into people knowing peoples colors, and selling jewlery with outfits and etc. Well that is NOT how I roll. I don't care what color I am, I am 28 years old. I was 8 when everyone was into their "seasons".
Ugh... I am just so annoyed. We gave up a flattering piece just so I can look like an idiot.
I am going to email the editor and tell him he cannot use our store name or my face if it is played the way it went. Lucky for me the camera man is also the editor. He recognized me from the previous segment we did a few months ago and the fact that he was flirting with me makes me think it will be more favorable than I think.
Thank goodness for these big ol boobies....

Ok got to get serious...
Remember my friend on bedrest? She went to a specialist and they had a more indepth ultra sound. Turns out the baby has no kidneys which makes sense why there is no fluid. The babies heart is enlarged b/c it is trying to compensate for the lack of fluid. Turns out there is no way the baby will survive. She will go back to discuss delivery and such in a later apt. She wants to wait until after March 9th b/c she is in a wedding for a close family member. So unless the baby passes before then she will remain pregnant. Then she will deliver the baby who will not survive.
I am absolutley heart broken for her. She is so undeserving of this. Not that anyone is, but she is an extra special person. She is so kind and sweet and so selfless. She just wants to be a mom and now has to hand two babies over to a God whom she loves and faithfully follows. So unfair. So wrong.
I will update, but keep her in your prayers. Calm her heart.

No comments: