Wednesday, February 07, 2007

American Idol....

So I just had to chime in about last night. First off, I think this audition thing is going on WAY too long. I just can't stomach them laughing at these poor people. I mean, laughing, while they are singing. What are they 10?
Anyway, last night there was a girl Jasmine I think and did you all see the sign her family made? I am pretty sure anyone past the age of 5 saw how funny it was:
"Jasmine's ARE American Idol". I was laughing at that. I had to rewind it and pause to make sure I read it correctly. Then the poor girl came out, and they start saying "What is Simon, France?" "No, Brittish", says Ryan. "Well he needs to go back to Brittish". I say after laughing... "that is so sad". So then here comes my husband, "Why is that sad? She should have stayed in school". And that is where the fight started. I went on about not everyone getting it as easy as us and he fights back his conservative polital views that are absolutley absurb. I mean this guy has no sympathy for any one and any situation. Just made me crazy.
I don't use this as a political soapbox considering I am a total flip flopper, I see all sides, but this is one area I do not flip flop. Who knows what kind of trials this poor woman had to go thru. I should have not even laughed at her stupid sign or her horrible grammar and now nothing is funny.
I am going to sit and pout and cross my arms.... sigh......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Kim I will admit I laughed too.
A LOT!

and I'm *gulp* agreeing w/ your DH here.

feel free to ban me from commenting ;-)

btw wth is up w/ the one door thing? I think that is so annoying

Anonymous said...

btw it's brandii :)
from the boards