So it was Saturday night. Besides a little trip to Peter Piper Pizza I was shacked up with the kids all day. I missed my husband and Andi was being uber feisty. I was crabby to say the least.
It was 7pm. I was on the couch, exhausted. I forgot what a little bean sized human inside my body can do to me. And I start scrambling for my remote control. I never loose the remote control. I am not being facetious, I really never loose the remote control. I knew exactly where I put it and I knew Andi was the culprit. "Where's the remote control Andi" I ask nicely. She shrugs.
This goes on a few times when all of a sudden I hear the Tivo bloop and I look and see that this old Tivo from 04 has a suggestion for me and will start recording The Lawrence Welk Show for me in one minute. For one, why? Do I watch things like that? No. Why it never says hey lady Tila Tequila is on, why don't you watch it with your children in the room, no it says LAWRENCE FREAKING WELCH is on. My heart races.... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! "WHERE IS THE REMOTE ANDI?" I screech. "I put it on Fiona" she says. "I NEED THE FREAKING REMOTE RIGHT NOW!" and then it was too late, it turned to The Lawrence Welk Show and I started to panic. Throwing couch cushions, yelling, absolutely looking like I was a crack addict insisting on their being crack inside the walls. I was crazy. The girls watched goobers dance and sing songs while I flipped my lid. And then it was over, I felt defeated. No I didn't cave in and watch that crap, I was left, but to turn off the TV. I know. It was incredibly awful. But I turned it off. Counted to ten and took some breaths, colored and read to the kids. I know the insanity! But you know what. It wasn't half bad. We all went to bed at 8pm and I survived the night with out TV.
Sunday morning while I was cleaning up (and don't think this is where I realize I put the remote in the fridge or something, I DON'T LOOSE THE REMOTE) I found a blue bag and in that blue bag I found one of those bean bags you heat up and put on your back, some colors and paper, oh and a remote control. I look at Andi and say, "remember putting this in here?" and she just says "yeah".
Sigh......
Please come home Andrew... I promise to not bite this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I...
Like...
Lawrence Welk!
LOL.
I remember watching it on Saturday nights at my Grandmothers while eating vanilla ice cream with butterscotch sauce and chopped walnuts. ;)
My Grandma had a crush on the guy that looks like a male Barbie Doll that had a penchant for wearing power blue suits with ruffle shirts. Blonde hair - huge jaw. Him. "He's so handsome! Don't you think he's handsome!?" she would ask me.
No... I didn't. LOL.
ugh! Typo alert.
POWDER BLUE suits.
Believe me... those were no 'power' suits. ROTFL....
Post a Comment