When I found out I was pregnant with Lily I went looking all over cyberspace for stuff on Pregnancy. When I found Ivillage I got hooked on an expecting club for August 2002. There I "met" a ton of women and we chatted all the way to our due dates and still chat to this day on a different site. I was 23 when I found out I was pregnant with Lily and was one of the youngest members on that board. But I enjoyed being younger, there are so many women on that board with wisdom only life can give you and experiences to give advice from. I appreciated being the youngest and what I was getting from being in that position. Great advice.
When I found out I was pregnant with Andi, same thing, I searched, but never found any expecting clubs that I liked. I never liked the format, or the people. One group gave each other a point for every post they made so it was just a whole lot of talking with nothing to say. Needless to say I just stayed with my playgroup of people I already knew. I'm not a huge fan of starting anything over so same goes for making friends, even if they aren't "real".
So anyway at work on Wednesday I went milling around at expecting clubs for Feb. 2009 and holy sh!t! I'm an old lady! I am looking at these pregnant girls profiles and they are 18, 20, 23. I am thinking I don't want to be the advice giving lady, I want to suck advice from others. They were just in such a different place than me and I really was uninterested in "joining". So I came to a conclusion. I will not bother myself with investing time into strangers that I don't really care to know. I know it is bad, but what can I say? Things are a lot different now than in 2002. People were normal then. Or I was. Or I am now. Or whatever. I'm tired.
By the way I am taking Lily to SLC (my fav!) for an entire week next week. I am taking my moms laptop (since I don't roll that way) so as long as I have internet access I will be able to chat up with you all from there. Lily bug is getting a brand new chair thanks to the fine folks at Shriners. It will be a long week, in a hospital, with no car, in SLC, UT, but we get a new chair! And we don't have to fight with people on costs for important things like with Lily's previous chair. So it will be worth it. Have a good weekend! Stay Cool!! Literally.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
*snicker*
I am going to lump myself into that normal category for once.
:)
But ITA w/ what you're saying which is why I didn't find another group when the twins were born.
That's how I met you, but my child was in August 2003. But I understand you being a little bit more closed than before.
Kim in IL>
I never did find another group like 'our' group. I was part of a group for May '00 kiddies and even though I still go to the board once in a blue moon, there's no connection like we have on our board. With Zander too. Never did find a board I liked :)
First "congrats!"
You know, I met Kelly (missingJTsnow) because our Jan 00 board adopted her Jan 01 board (w/ jack) and we got paired as big/little sis. Ironically I moved to CA soon after and for two years we got to play together.
Sometimes, being the experienced brings lovely gifts (like a great friend) into your life.
ACK!! You're coming to SLC (maybe you're already here!) and you didn't tell me!? Goodness girl, I'd love to meet up with you if you have a chance. I bet Tandy would too! Shoot me an email if you can and I'll give you my cell number... bargain_luvr @ yahoo dot com
Hope to hear from you!!
Misti
Hey, at least they don't have you on the Geriatric Maternity Board...
;)
Post a Comment