Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home Early

I am posting this Thursday night, but wrote this Tuesday night in our remote control less, non closing blinds room......
Not complaining....
Lily and I came back with awful summer colds and I have been just a lazy ass so I promise to continue this tomorrow.

Here I sit, it is Tuesday night and my ass is sore from sitting on it. My stomach is all kinds of upset because of the food I have been eating and I have no internet connection to make this all a little more tolerable.
I can’t believe we were going to stay here 5 days. Thank God we go home tomorrow. I am not ungrateful. I promise. I am just bored.
There just isn’t much Lily and I can do here. Our room has two twin beds and since Lily can’t sleep on a twin bed with no rails I decided to put her mattress on the floor and it lies between my bed and the box spring from her bed and there she lies nice and safe. She and I have been sleeping until 8am here, which is something that never happens at home. Then we get breakfast at the cafeteria. Not much to write home about, but the staff is incredibly nice. Monday we went at 10am to the wheel chair clinic and they said they think she should keep her original chair, that if we move up it will be a lot bigger and heavier for her to last up to 5 years. They decided to extreme makeover her chair and keep the frame. Sounds good to me. Doing it this way gets us home two days earlier as well. The men helping me go above and beyond on the kindness meter and I am happy.
After that on Monday Lily and I got lunch, tried to go for a walk but realized that we were sitting on a hill, a very large hill and I wouldn’t make it back up so we napped, got dinner. And then went to bed.
Pretty much the same today, but today her chair was ready. It looks good and I called Southwest Airlines to get home on Wednesday. Lily and I are bored. Bored. Bored.
They do have an amazing play area, but unfortunately there isn’t much of anything Lily can do there, so we have spent most our time in our little room. Although I appreciate Lily’s food is free, there hasn’t been much of a choice for her so she has been eating a lot of yogurt and bananas. I don’t know how she can possibly have diarrhea while eating all those bananas. I think she has finally dried up. I hope. I really wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy to deal with a 5 year old in diapers with diarrhea. Sigh.
I have realized on this trip that all these one sided conversations with Lily can be therapeutic. That playing family feud computer game can make me want to throw this computer in the trash and that I am very glad I can’t really play solitare in Vegas. I have lost so much money in that game I am surprised no one is knocking on my door trying to bust my knee caps.
I am also learned I am far too invested in The Bachelorette, I was so angry she let Graham go.
And it is interesting to know what a wonderful little girl Andi seems to be when I am out of town and she has others in charge of her.
And to let you know I was very nervous about flying by ourselves, Lily and I. But I am happy to report it went as smooth as possible. Every one is so nice and helpful to us I couldn’t have asked for an easier or smoother transport. Let’s hope tomorrow will be the same. I am sure on a wed afternoon flying from Salt Lake to Phoenix should be pretty uneventful
Ugh my ass hurts.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hey! I am glad that you had a good trip. I have thinking a lot about you guys. I would love to see a picture of Lilys new chair. I got on their website (shriners) and I am going to call you with some questions i have for you. I am still out of town so give a em a kiss for me when you see her. I am dying without her! We need to get together when I get home!

Tracey said...

Sorry this is tiff! I was l logged into my sisters.