I had my first "official" white Christmas. Let me tell you, totally overrated! I mean it was pretty and all, but holy popsicles, it was cold! We tried to take the kids sledding. It was about -10 with the wind chill. Yeah, not cool. Well yes very very cool, down right cold! But not cool in the sense of being awesome.
We had a good time. My little family opened our gifts on Sunday morning and that was fun. Andi totally dug Christmas this year. It was the first year she sort of "got it". She got a sweet Princess purple car with pink seats and a working radio. She didn't want to leave it. We told her it was from Santa and she said "ohhhh I want to see him and hug him and tell him thank you". She can be evil, but that girl had manners. Lily's present wasn't up and working yet, daddy is building her a swing set and my parents bought her a special needs swing that she will love! Daddy just needs to get his ass in gear. I don't know when though, now that he thinks he really messed up his shoulder snowboarding. Sigh.... He is going to the ER today to get a MRI. Don't feel too bad. I firmly stand by the fact that you only get hurt doing stupid things. That is why I am very cautious and I only get hurt by accident. And of course being accident prone. Side tracked....
Lily did get some cute clothes and jammies and gifts from family and friends. Kim aka Starbucks gal, got her the solar system that you put on her fan. It lights up and Lily will LOVE it. It isn't set up yet since we got home late last night.
I got my game boy DTS or whatever. It is so fun! I love the crossword puzzle game, Starbucks gal gave me and the word game and vision focus game. I just need brain age and I am set. Of course Target is sold out, but I will get it soon. Before you know it I will be shocking you with some fabulous vocabulary! Don't hold your breath. Although I am now a scholar student. Not sure why though since it took spell check to figure out how to spell scholar. Side track...
We drove the 4 hour drive up to my parents home in Greer, AZ. It was freezing cold and cold.
We got up with still some daylight and for the next 3 days I got my fill of family time. I think it is different when it is warm and we all do things outside, but we were all in the house all day and night. Some went snowboaring, I myself stayed home with the kids. It is an extremely long day when your bothers caregiver, girlfriend some times, lets keep this PG needs meeter, is there. I tried I really tried the first day. She has been with my brother for about 6 years now. They date off and on, but she takes care of him. She thinks she is a martyr, we think she is a mooch. She lives with him rent free, he buys all the groceries, alcohol, crystal meth... just kidding, not anymore. Sigh... Anyway, she is class less. He is too I am noticing. You know those people who sit and smoke and you can't tell them anything, because they know everything and to argue just gets you nowhere? Ugh... let's see they told me I don't know how to raise a puppy. She is 7 weeks old! I am training her. She has accidents. She bites, she has puppy teeth. Sorry I don't beat her for those reasons. But since they seem to be the dog whisper arguing my points got me nowhere. Oh and this dare I call her a woman, called my daughter, "evil", "rude", "mean", "brat", I am trying remember if there were any other versions of those words she used on my Andi, but I am coming to a blank. I don't care if she was, and she was, all those things you do not tell someone else's kid that she is evil. Those words are for her parents and her parents only.
We were dealing with two kids who did not sleep there. Of course best behavior Andi was not on.
Don't tell me I am judging because she has no top teeth. Oh did I not mention that. That has nothing to do with my reasons for my disgust for her. She is not a good person. She mumbles under her breath crap about all of us. She won't work a real job, b/c they take money out for child support. Yes, two daughters she does not see. And she is judging my kid and my parenting of a puppy? Give me a break. I tried, I really tried. I even got her a Christmas gift.
Christmas morning was fun. My mom went overboard as usual. Not that I am complaining. I got amazing loot! Nikkon D40! Christian Dior black purse! Great GiftCards! The kids did very well themselves as well as my hubby. My sister is still in opperation "Domestication Kim" and got me two very nice cook books and it was fun seeing my nieces and nephews get their goods. That was fun, it was nice. It was good family time. But it wasn't before long she'd chime in again...
It is amazing that one person can put a damper on a family. I always have an amazing time with my family and overall it really wasn't fun b/c I was stuck in a house with that thing for three days. My brother even got an earful from me, b/c I had had it with her and since it wouldn't be right to rip her a new one, I did let my brother have it. I was so over it by yesterday afternoon. I couldn't leave soon enough, when Andrew who wanted to go a half day snowboarding ruins his shoulder and I had to drive back home. A long drive, very mountainous and freaky if you ask me.
Sorry this was not meant to be a bitching post, but it is. Sorry. I have so much work to do, I best be on it.
I am so ready for my next holiday. At my house. With my choice of characters. I'll be around tomorrow before another nice long break. Again, in the sun. At my house.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment