Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Receive Collect Calls from Jail to Your Cell Phone!

I was going to post about this yesterday, but since I was so pissy, I couldn't be funny.

So Monday is usually an annoying day for me. I have to drive, A LOT, and it is just annoying. It is leave at 8:30am get to OT by 9am. She stays there and sees ST afterwards. I pick her up at 10:30am. We rush home, get there by 11am to see PT. At noon Lily eats lunch and at 12:20pm we head to a 1pm Music therapy. I get home by 2:30pm and the girls usually nap and I finish things around the house that needs done b/c Lily's nurse shows up at 3pm and gives me a break.
It is monotonous and a lot of driving and a lot of listening to Dora the Explorer.

So Monday Andrew says, I will go with you. I said, "alright". He says I didn't sound to excited and I said well that is option two in my book. I said option one would be you take the girls and I lay in bed. Well we had to do option two. Interestingly enough, it was one of the best days ever. Andrew and I had a great day together. Like one of the best. Andi slept on the way to Music and stayed asleep. We drove around a bit after dropping Lily off and got some fast food. On our way back to Music I saw a sign that said "Receive Collect Calls from Jail on your Cell Phone" and wondered, is there really a market for that? You don't see those signs in suburbia, but downtown Phoenix I saw two! Back to music we sat in the car and ate white Andi napped. We just ate and laughed. He told me stories about growing up in very small town South Dakota. I've heard some of them before, but he tells them so good, I just let him roll with it. We ate fries and were laughing like we were dating.
Once we got home, we left Lily with the nurse and ran to a new outdoor marketplace with Andi. In the rain. It again was a great time. We love the rain, since we only see it 2x a year. Maybe 3.
I got a lot of Christmas shopping done and felt happy. While checking out at Victoria Secret's (one for me, one for you) the gal was asking for a price check on a jacket I was buying. She saying it has Fox fur on it. I look at the sweater like if it is Fox fur I AM NOT buying it! So as I examine it a little further I realize our check out girl might have needed an extra year in Reading. It isn't a big deal, I had to take reading until the 8th grade. It was FAUX fur. Sigh...
Anyway, it was such a bummer to have such a great day with my hubby then to have him so upset yesterday about lunch. But such is life right, you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life.
Going to a nice park in Scottsdale tonight, they have a Special Night for Special Kids, it is all lit up and we get to take a train around. It should be nice. Nice and cold! I am so loving this Christmas season in Arizona. It has been so chilly and rainy and so Christmas like. I love AZ, but a Christmas in 80 degree weather is not really Christmasy.
Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh.... I forgot about that tonight! You should have called me. We would have gone. We didn't have anything going on. If I don't write it in my calendar it DOESN'T get done. So frustrating! I feel like a horrible mom. My kids would have loved it. oh well! Glad you and Andrew had a good day! It made up for him being mad at you the previous day. Hope you guys had fun tonight!