So I need to vent about something really annoying that is happening here at work but it is happening all over.
I understand people feeling the need to be aggressive for money. I am not like that but I understand the mind set. I know that there will always be sales people and inventors and people always trying to get my money but this is what I cannot stand...
Lawyers seeking to represent people, not the other way around. I think the term is ambulance chaser. I do not have any thing against lawyers, one of my favorite people on this planet is one and I respect her totally but I know she doesn't walk onto a crime scene and ask the murderer if he needs a lawyer.
My dad is co-owner of a large paint company in AZ. We have close to 400 employees and I do payroll for the company.
Being in AZ and especially in construction we have about 80% or more Hispanics work for us but these guys get paid and well. Not only do they get paid well for their hard work, our company is one of the few that offers the best health insurance and a 401k plan. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with construction but to offer those benefits are huge! So I am just saying that in no way does our company use our employees or take advantage of them like they are working in a sweat shop. But that didn't stop some California law firm to walk on our job site, ask these guys how they are being paid (piece work) and they say you can sue b/c they should be getting paid time and a half. Piece work (paid by job, not hourly) is not illegal but these lawyers made our guys think they are being shorted. It isn't our guys fault, they hardly speak English, they don't know what to believe, and they think every company offers health insurance and a 401k plan. Boy will they be surprised when they go and work for someone else. Anyway I was going thru records and the funny thing is at piece work the main guy in the law suite got paid more than he would have at hourly with overtime so now we can say he owes us. In the long run nothing will happen but I will have a lot of extra work to do and in the end only the lawyers will get paid, which I suppose is what they want.
Just like the two black guys that got pulled over here in AZ a few weeks ago (it was national news) the cop asked them to rap to get out of the ticket. Now of course lawyers are all over these guys saying they have a case. So stupid.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I like the new layout. Easier to comment on! Thanks for the link. Adding you to my links page right now. I think we need to see more modeling pics of you!! I love your profile one!
Morning Kim! I just wanted to introduce myself - it's funny that you find a 'new' blog that you stumble into and you check their blog list only to see that you both visit a couple of the SAME blogs! LOL.
Sorry to hear about the whole lawyer thing... I sooooo agree with you. Sigh.
Post a Comment