Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Wow, Christmas has come and gone and I am still spinning saying "what happened?"
A few highlights from a busy weekend:

Friday night we had my family birthday dinner and I got to choose my place. Well I chose Drinkwaters City Hall. I put out no stops when I am not forking the bill. *wink* Here are a few memories of the night. My dad asked the valet if he could leave the baby in the car. Valet said that doesn't go over very well. You have to be from AZ to understand that. Long story short just across the street at Neiman’s a woman asked the valet to watch her kid while she shopped, the kid was a sleeping 2 year old. She got to spend the night in a comfy jail cell.

David Spade sat two tables over from us.

My dad said we broke a record for as far as the dinner bill went. See I hold no stops. :) We all laughed and had a great time. I think David Spade was jealous of our loud, fun table, probably not though.

Saturday I had to work at the store from 10am - 2pm, but it was with my sister and niece and I always have fun with them. Andi was not too pleased to see Miss Maria (our sitter) Friday night and on Saturday but she got over it.
Saturday night we had a party at my mom's place with both sides of my parents families, there was about 60-70 people in their house. It was over crowded and a bit too much family time for my taste but my mom wanted to have one big party and then have an "intimate" family Christmas of 18.....
Well the party was fun, overwhelming and I spent most my time making sure Andi wasn't ruining anything in my mom's house. I heard commotion about my Grandpa needing a breathing treatment but the guy smokes. I didn't take too much interest in it. We left and then it was Sunday, Christmas Eve.

I got to spend Christmas Eve service in the nursery at church. That was a blast. Of all the services at church Christmas Eve is my favorite but to be fair I am the only one with two kids in there. I have to pay my dues.
After church my family (Andrew, the girls and me) took my nieces Ariel and Skylar out for lunch which was fun and then we went home for naps. My mom offered to watch the girls while we see a movie. We jumped on that offer and we saw "The Pursuit of Happyness" it was awesome! I cried all the way through it. Will Smith is such a great actor and he didn't have to kill aliens to get the world to see his movie. I really loved the story. It was great! Then we hung out with my parents a little more and headed home.

Christmas morning was fun! Andi opened her gifts and wanted to play with them. I think we could have gotten away with a lot less but what can you do? I like to spoil my kids. Lily helped open some gifts and I think she will like her VSmile once I hook it to the TV. We went to my parents afterwards and hung out there with my sister and her family and my aunt and her family until 8pm. It was fun and exhausting. We tried playing Family Feud on DVD, but since it was turning into a family feud we stopped. It sucks on the DVD.

So I spent yesterday with the girls trying to catch up on house work and we took Andrew's truck in for installation of his Christmas gift that he was ecstatic about. I got spoiled as well, my husband he is very good at the over the top romantic gestures, but I won't brag. He loves me.

Unfortunately my Grandpa had a lot worse problems than needing an inhaler. They think he had a heart attack that night, (that tells you how crazy it was in there for me to not know and says how tough he is) and he went to the hospital in Cottonwood where he lives and they air evac (sp?) him to Phoenix Heart Hospital and is in ICU. According to him, nothing is wrong but that is not what the Dr.'s say. We will find out more today, they are doing all his tests right now. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please. He is the last grandparent I have and he is only in his mid 70's.

So all in all we had a pretty good holiday. Very busy and I am looking forward to a milder New Years. Andrew's brother Jeremy will be here with his wife Andrea. We all get along really well so I am thinking this is a great way to start 2007!

Cheers

No comments: