Ok so I know you all think I am just saying this b/c I am co owner of a small retail business but seriously I hate the mall! Seriously!
Since the mall is open at 9am right now since tis the season, I got to shop from 9am to 10:15am kidless, because Lily is in OT and ST and Andi went to daycare, at the mall in Mesa called Fiesta Mall. It is nothing too impressive and not where I go when I choose my location but I was there, it was there I knew I could knock several gifts. Well I had never been so annoyed and frustrated in just one hour, ever! This does not happen when I go to Chandler Fashion Center but man at the mall "the white people used to go to" sure has a lot of annoying kiosiks!
I wasn't in the mall 1 minute before some guy yells to me to come over, I ignore and keep on walking. Then I buy a gift at Bath and Body Works and the cashier has to tell me about the lip gloss for $5 and the robe I can get for $20 with a $25 purchase. "No thanks."
So as I walk out of there I have another lady come over to me and ask if she can "show me something" I say "no".
I head on my mission, I only have an hour. I get a few more gifts with out a hassle and pass yet another person who wants to "show me something for your hair?" and I finally growl, "I am in a hurry!" then I say rather loudly, "maaan!" I was so annoyed.
Reading that back doesn't sound as bad but you have to admit over selling is just wrong. If I order a medium it is to save on calories, not money. If I bring my items to the register, I am finished shopping. Please people, just take it as it is.
Happy Holidays!
My last posting as a young hip mom of 27........
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That sounds SO like South Africa. We have street vendors. EVERY WHERE. No matter where you walk they want to sell everything from fruit to underwear to you. You can't ride or walk somewhere without them trying to sell you something and they will ask over and over. If you stop at a red light they knock on your window. So I know. Frustrating to say the least
... all of that plus the Israeli family that run 2 kiosks and will step in front of you and grab your hand and start to smear lotion on it and buff your fingernail unless you either sprint by them or give them the "WICKED GLARE OF DEATH" - which I'm fairly good at apparently.
Post a Comment