Monday, January 05, 2009

Once upon a time...

January used to be a big month for me modeling here in Phoenix (locally). January I had something each weekend. There is the big bridal show, the Barrett Jackson Car auction and the Phoenix Open (FBR). This of course was all before I had Lily and got too busy and unable to do all this. Nothing to do with my body ok, I still totally could have done it, I was just overloaded with Lily and all that entailed with her those first few years. Alright?!
So all these commercials were playing yesterday, first the car auction. I sighed to myself, I used to work the VIP tent there wearing million dollar jewels trying to sell them to guys who just bought million dollar cars.... Andrew said said something about he remembered those days as well and I said that was 2.5 kids ago.... sigh...
We go about doing our thing and then a commercial comes on for the FBR Open and I sigh again, "I used to work the VIP tents meeting people such as Steve Young and others".... then Andrew says "that was three tubs of frosting ago." He was kidding and we both laughed. Well after I called him a jerk.
So what! I finally gave into my craving and got the tub of frosting out and sat and ate graham crackers and frosting, I had to, it was screaming at me from the fridge.
But I laughed and told Andrew just how lucky he is that I can take his jokes in stride and how most other 8 month pregnant wives might not think that was so funny.
But I did. It was. And the frosting was good. And those jobs weren't that cool. My kids are way cooler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We give up so much when we become parents but we get so much back in return!