So it was brought to my attention from my husband that I mentioned an ex boyfriend in my sleep the other night. "What?" I asked horrified, "who?" He said B, I said "whatever B is my brothers name" and then he went on to the part that he asked me in my sleep "B who?" and I said B.T. T is not my brothers last name and unfortunately IS the last initial of said ex. Wow. My face was red. I stammered, "I know I didn't have one of those dreams, I wake up blushing from those." I couldn't figure out why I said that. And was I ever red.
I was fortunate to have had a non jealous reaction from my non jealous husband, but did I ever get crap for the rest of the day. My ears burned each time I called him and he'd answer "This is B". Oh God! It was awful!
But it does bother me that I did that. B wasn't really a boyfriend, boyfriend. We dated, we had fun. I tried to catch him by the toe, but he hollered so I let him go. I did recently spend a day reading my diary from my early 20's and this person was mentioned quite a bit so I am sure that could be some of the reasons and the fact that my brother in law ran into him and he asked about me and my brother in law told my husband who in turn told me about it.
I guess the memories were fresh? I don't know.
I do thank my hubby for being so good about it. I can't say I would react the same. I would have been pissed to hear some other name out of his mouth in his slumber.
Sigh.
By the way, that journal from my 20's is a good read. I have been tempted to just write it all down here, but then I would really be opening myself up. I wasn't the best person back then and that would be admitting and sharing what kind of person I was. It would also show who I am now, but I just don't know. Maybe after the baby and I have no writing material at all. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment