Why did I feel sad when my baby turned 2? I spent most of Saturday on the verge of tears. Is it because her fingers will soon loose their dimples? Is it because she stopped saying pizzie and now says pizza. Is this because except for the diapers and thanks to Lily those will always be in the home, there is no sign of a baby anymore. My baby is now breast feeding her dolls, walking around with them in a blanket and rocking them to sleep. She caresses their hair and kisses their foreheads. And no matter what shenanigans she pulls, I know I am a good mother because of that. She is thoughtful and caring and already mothers her big "Sissy Blu". I think it is because I have the inability to stop time and Lily in a few months will turn 5. Then Andi will be 3. Then one day her daddy will walk her down the aisle.
I need dimpled fingers in my home damnit!
And the ability to stop time, can you get that online along with gaydar?
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I had a hard time when my last child turned 2 and then again at 5. Those were mile stones for me.
Post a Comment