Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Haa Zaaarrrr

So we went to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday and Haaaa Zaarrrr! I love that place! I swear, I am a drama dork under cover and in another life I would travel with the Renaissance Festival..... sigh.. I really spend all year looking forward to that place. It isn't like the AZ State Fair, and it most certainly is not the ostrich festival in chandler where we went on Sat. evening. I guess a place with more Gang Enforcement officers than people is a bit uncomfortable.
But see the Renaissance Festival, the Renaissance Festival has free parking. It is out in the middle of no where, but so incredibly organized getting there and going there. Sure, the tickets are a bit steep, but you can get a bottle of water for $2 there. Ostrich festival... snow cone, $4. $4? And it ain't a "God D@#* that's a good mother f@*%ing snow cone" either. Just a snow cone. (If you haven't noticed, I love John Travolta and I like to quote his movies. I am not sure if anyone but Marlene followed that one though). Anyway, the weather is amazing in March. I look forward to my first tan of the year at the Renaissance Festival. I just love that place. It really took me about 15 years to admit it but damnit! I wanna be in the Renaissance Festival!
I appreciate the fact that there are same sex couples comfortably walking around. I know conservatives get the eebbie jeebies, my own husband included but I would rather my kids see what this world really is. Not as some people wish it were.
Hell I even love to see the men walking around so freely in their dresses and high heels, although they should know they aren't fooling anyone. Real woman know better than to wear heel and nylons to a dusty, hot open area where you walk for miles. But I appreciate being in a place where they are comfortable to do so.
Anyway, you get the point. I love that place and am already excited for next year. My family better watch out, I am getting pretty freaking close to getting my own corset and really going for it next time.
I am afraid I see myself at 50, with a lot of incense, mystic stones and a lot of cats.

Andi's real daddy



**My mother in law is here for the week. I think things will go well. I love her and she is a big help. Especially since our nurse took the week off for her kids Spring Break, and Lily's is next week. So it will be a huge help having Grandma here. The only thing is, she is the reason my old blog has been diminished. Off somewhere in the mist of old Antonella Barba websites land. We haven't discussed the whole incident much and I know she went looking for it and it was gone, so there may be some weirdness..**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andi's real daddy..ROFLOL