Wanna hear something scary? So many speak badly about teenagers and their clothing and their texting and their myspacing but seriously it isn't all that bad. I admit I am jealous that I could have gotten out of actually breaking up with boys in person had I had a cell phone or myspace, but it isn't all that different from when I was a teen. I am sure the adults spoke badly of us as teens with our clothing style. You know I was in HS from 94-97 and we were all about the high wasted jeans and mid drift baring tops that we weren't allowed to wear. I listened to the Beastie Boys who are no worse than AFI or Panic! at the disco, it is just now I am the adult so I see things differently than back then, you know in hindsight... I remember my 18th birthday my boyfriend bought me a pager, the black one that would either ring or vibrate. I remember the first time the thing went off and I about had a heart attack sitting at Denny's having my free birthday meal with my girls Marlene, Jill and Allison. The page meant nothing b/c I was not going to ask the Denny's disgruntled manager to use his phone b/c my boyfriend just paged me. It was about a year later after I had graduated and gotten a nice big block cell phone that weighed 5 lbs. But now I turn my car around if I forget my phone. I think what if I am in an accident with out it? Life changes, we all change what is scary to me is what will be available to my kids when they are teens.
Andi knows that I can rewind TV, and this morning we listened to Ray Charles sing ABC on Sesame Street at least 10 times, "ageen peese!" (again, please) My toddler knows that I can rewind TV..... did you hear that? Does that not strike you old folks like me as odd? What about having breakfast with some long lost friends and little Joey (2) takes his mom's cell phone and he doesn't hold it to his head to talk, he says "cheese" to his mom. He knows that the cell phone that keeps us connected when we are not at home also doubles as a phone. I laughed at the cuteness but I also shook my head at what these kids will be doing 12 years from now...... I think it may be scary but then again my mom probably thought after the ATARI was invented, "what will they think of next?"
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment